View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2023, 06:05 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2023

Great event yesterday. Thanks to R˙chean for helping out with the maps and thanks to everyone who showed up. It was great to get together and play some more 'Scape. Special shoutout to the new players who showed up for their first events ever.

I had a fun day on the way to winning the event. I brought the following army (which was probably the cheesiest army at the event, sorry):

3x Blasts
3x Glads
Laglor

Game 1 - Nightwing (3x Hounds, Krav, Carr, Zeta)
Nightwing and I have had quite the history the last few events. We have met in the championship both times. I won last NHSD and he beat me in the draft event this spring. Playing in the first round was going to spoil that chance for a repeat this year. This game was a little anticlimactic as my army really countered the bulk of his. For those of you wondering, hounds are pretty terrible against an army of soulborgs. The odds played out and my army took the W.

Game 2 - R˙chean (Blades, Grim, Tor, Ner, Sylvarris)
R˙chean and I face off almost every event and almost never in the final round. This year would be no different. Again, my army proved to be a solid counter to his. Locking down his blades was really difficult for R˙chean to overcome. Each time one of the heroes stuck the lines of the robots, they were quickly swarmed and shot to pieces. He did work my army down quite a bit, but I was able to come away with another W.

Game 3 - Lucas (Wyrmlings and Cowboys)
Lucas was at his first event and brought about 10 army cards to manage. He did great juggling everything, but his wyrmlings were just too weak to do much against the soulborgs.

Championship match - Rexmax (Zombies, Cyprien, Marcu)
Another matchup where my army really countered my opponent. I had witnessed Cyprien tear apart a dwarf army just two rounds ago and his zombies wore down a sentinel army just before our match. However, the glads proved too much to tackle. Every time he got a decent attack, I rolled a bunch of shields. My blasts eventually wore him out and Cyprien is pretty poor against a swarm of glads.

GG, Rexmax. Your second place finish with your army is more impressive than my victory with my army.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".