View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The books of HeroScape as pdf

Thank you for letting me know about printing these on the laser, Aldin, and for trying the holepunch!

The idea is that you can sort these pages in any way you like, maybe even maintain multiple different sorted books. For that excact reason there are no page numbers on the pages. I myself will go for alphabetically as well, and in fact, the master file in Word 2003 has all units in it in alphabetical order (so when exporting to pdf I only export certain pages.)

The reason to release this set by set is for space. RotV should be about the biggest set, and as a pdf it is about 2mb. That means the chunks like this will be easily downloadable. By the way, if anyone cares: I export in the pdf/A-1 format, which means that it is a little bigger, but guaranteed to work for almost everyone now and in the future (if you are interested, read the wikipedia entry on pdf/A.)

When all is done I will be building a series of index pages which I will also release, probably as a separate set, with the units ordered alphabetically, by point value, by set, by general, etc, very much like RevDyer's index page sticky for "The Books of HeroScape" on these forums. They will really be like lists, because they won't contain page numbers (since there are none) but I still think that that will be very usable. The idea is that you can print those pages and add them to the start or end of your book.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format