View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Season 3 of Deadliest Warrior

Heck, I'll comment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
George Washington vs. Napoleon Bonaparte
Gotta go with George here. Both were great leaders, but I think Washington would do better in a fight.
I'm going to go with Napoleon. I bet, with both teams having firearms, that this will be a squad-on-squad battle, and Napoleon's men are better equipped, fed, and trained. Heck, Washington's guys didn't even have shoes.
There is considerable debate as to how good of a general Washington was. There is documented evidence of him not being too keen strategically in the French-Indian War. Washington was a great leader (notice I didn't say general) because of his great tenacity, fearlessness, and quite a bit of luck. I'm pretty sure Napolean could out-general Washington though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior

Quote:
Vampires vs. Zombies
Vampires. I like zombies a lot more, but one on one a vampire would be way too powerful.
Agreed. Zombies are too dumb. Even in a 5 v. 5 battle, the vampires's intelligence will catapault them to victory.
Well, ummm, I guess it depends on interpretation? Since I have no verifiable or even debatable evidence either way, I can't really comment.

Quote:
Quote:
Genghis Khan vs. Hannibal
Genghis Khan. He was brutal, savage, fearless, and a military genius. Hannibal rode an elephant.
HANNIBAL RODE AN ELEPHANT! Exactly! Horses are scared to death of elephants and I'd like to see the Khan try to pull of his fancy manuevers when his horse is crapping his pants about Hannibal's elephant. Those war elephants were fearsome and that alone will get Hannibal the winning edge.
Yes, but the Kahn's troops were masters of horseback archery, especially while (apparently) retreating. Hit + run tactics will take out elephants every time, because when elephants get wounded, they were well documented to lose their $#!&. That's why most successful generals stopped using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadlies Warrior
Quote:
Saddam Hussein vs. Pol Pot
I'll take Saddam because I don't think Pol Pot was that much of an up close fighter.
Not ever going to root for Saddam Hussein. He's a coward who surrendered as soon as he was found. Pol Pot at least could fight to protect his name and he wasn't executed, either.
Pol Pot if we're talking army tactics, Saddam in a mano-a-mano fight.

Quote:
Quote:
Lawrence of Arabia vs. Teddy Roosevelt
Teddy Roosevelt could single handedly take on everyone on this list and have a good chance of survival. Plus he rode a moose across a river.
I'm going to say Lawrence of Arabia here. He's from WWI so I bet he has more technology and he has fought in pitched battles, just like Teddy, so with equal experience but better tech Lawrence'll win. Think of him as WWI's Indiana Jones.
Umm... Teddy was there for most (if not all) of WWI as well, I believe. We're talking about men whose primes were twenty, maybe thirty years apart. Not too much technology changes, really. Besides, Lawrence was more a master of tactics than technology.

I would agree that Lawrence would win a battle over Teddy, but if we're talking a fight between the two of them, I've gotta give this one to Teddy with his black belt in Karate and years of boxing experience (plus his well-documented stamina in the face of injury, hardship, and sickness).

Quote:
Quote:
US Delta Force vs. *unconfirmed*
Delta Force. I don't need to hear who they are facing.
Even if it's the SAS, I gotta agree! US Delta Force is beast!
Unless their helicopters break down. Then everything tends to go badly.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!