View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Mmirg's Moderately Marvelous Maps - updated 5/20

Well, I couldn't help but tinker with this more. I wanted to increase the ability of double-spaced units to access the fallen temple and I wanted to reconsider the distance from start zone to the temple (to be a little less flier friendly).

Here is my (final?) revision of the Flooded Temple:

Flooded Temple II (revised)

I recommend using two strong glyphs or the Wound Glyph and a Brandar to represent my Glyph of Mimicry.

Glyph of Mimicry: This glyph performs exactly like one other chosen glyph on the map field. However, if both this glyph and the other chosen glyph are occupied, both glyphs are negated and neither has any effect (until one is vacated again).

As I mentioned above, my goal was to create a map that actually uses the Castle set to have real height, while still be a relatively compact map and fair for melee units. Not easy, but I think this map fills the role.

I've seen Dwarves beat an Airborne Elite army and Orcs beat a Blasts/Glad army. The map has always been active and volatile. The Glyph of Mimicry adds unique field choices and helps a lower army have an increased chance of dislodging the upper army. The ladders and multiple paths to the top have allowed my Dwarves or Gladiators enough options to dislodge AE or KMA up on top. All in all, good times!

A few interesting features:

* The start zones are simply all the grass areas on the lowest level.
* All height have an adjacent water space below for a quick exit.
* I love the little spider caves by the glyphs.
* Exiting out of either side of your start zone can be effective. One side looks more obvious, but both are critical to map control, I've found.

Enjoy!