View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: TAF's Customs

I would tone Ancalagon down. He essentially cannot be stopped by any number of squads. I would bet that he could beat 800-900 points of stingers/4th/10th.
If you clump on top of Ancalagon, he can burn huge numbers of points with fire wave. If you don't swarm him, then he lands on you and Hyper beams you.

Its hopeless.

Against heroes, Ancalagon isn't quite as overpowered but he can still fairly easily earn his points.

I'd say he's more like 650-700 points.

Moreover, he looks like he was poorly tested. Ancalagon looks like he was tested against a higher Supers to Classic ratio than he should have been. Drake can do damage sure, but Drake won't be able to kill him. I'd say Drake has a decent chance of earning his points, but not much more. He is only inflicting 1 wound per turn on Ancalagon, while Analagon is inflicting 2. Not to mention that Ancalagon will usually get first strike with +1 move and flying. Also Fire Wave can be used against Drake if necessary. Plus, if you're committing Drake to Ancalagon, then you will have to put plenty of OMs on him. Ancalagon can use this to his advantage and use Fire Wave because he won't be threatened by squads that round.

Plus, if I was Ancalagon I would disengage on non-thorian heroes just for the huge attack buff.

I'd say cut all of his stats (except move and range) and specials by 33%.

I would revise Hyper beam to make it a special attack with only 3 attack dice.

I would eliminate Enormous Flying as well. It is really cool, but really OP.

Basically, I'd say try get him to the 215-225 point range.

I get that you want someone to outshine all other dragons, but in practicality, you can't. I tried it with making a Ultimate Braxas. The problem is, as soon as you do, you just made a super hero level unit, not a classic unit, and the game becomes a kill Ancalagon scenario, which gets old really fast.