View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Portland/Vancouver NHSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I can guarantee you one of my friends will stick one in his army if he knows they will be useful. No clue if he'll check back and figure this out though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Disaster View Post
With the double-edged sword format, lower grade and less used figures like those two are more likely to be in play.
I phrased my question poorly. What I meant was that I don't see those figures as being strong enough to adversely affect the balance of the map, regardless of how likely they are to show up at a given event. However, I haven't playtested the map with those figures in play. Do the four molten lava hexes with adjacent same-level ground throw off the map in a problematic way, simply because of the existence of those two figures, given their relative power levels to anything else that's commonly used in competitive play? That's what I'm asking.

Regardless, I don't want to clog the event thread with this - if someone who's actually played the map with those figures could drop by my map thread and give me some feedback on what you found, I'd appreciate it. I'm using it in an event in a couple of weeks and still have time to tweak if warranted; I've been considering a minor change anyway to one of those spots.