View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:26 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Deathstroke-brainstorming phase

I am so excited that Deathstroke is here in the public section. I really look forward to seeing him develop. Titans, go!

My thoughts:

Lightning Reflexes: I'm not sure I like the current incarnation of Lightning Reflexes. It seems odd that he only gets the benefit when attacking a figure that specializes in dodging. In my opinion, it would makes sense if he got the bonus against all figures, but in addition, Speed Dodge cannot be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. Something like this:

LIGHTNING REFLEXES
Figures roll 1 (or 2) less defense dice when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke. The Speed Dodge Special Power may not be used when defending against a normal attack from Deathstroke.

This way, his reflexes are reflected on everyone, but he still hinders Speedsters.

Quick Shot Special Attack: Deathstroke definitely needs a special attack that represents his love of guns. I'm not really feeling this one, though. This feels more like a Special Attack for a sniper. I'd rather see Deathstroke have a gun attack that allows him to gain tactical advantage. Perhaps:

QUICK SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 3.
After Deathstroke attacks with his Quick Shot Special Attack, he may move up to 3 spaces. Deathstroke does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving due to Quick Shot Special Attack.

Assassin's Counterstrike: I like it, but I don't love it. I feel as though using blanks is being a bit overdone. On the other hand, some sort of counterstike is absolutely necessary for a Deathstroke custom. Personally, I favor an ability I use on many of my customs.

EXPERT COMBATANT
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. All excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

If you go this route, though, you would probably need to reduce his defense to 5 so he isn't too overpowered against melee figures.

I also like the idea of giving him a healing ability, but there's nothing I'd be willing to drop for it. Therefore, I really like your idea of rolling his healing factor into his life. Giving him 6 or 7 life definitely accomplishes this.

Last edited by Balantai; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:31 PM.