View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy's Maps - Updated 2010-07-06

The latest creation, Cold Season.

The map requires 1 BTFU, 1 FOTA, 1 RTFF, and 4 two-hex snow tiles (I used the tiles that came with my Roman Lego boosters/Wave 1). The map has plenty of LOS blockers to aid melee armies. Additionally, there are multiple avenues of approach to the enemy's start zone, but plenty of key choke points as well. The road tiles allow for speedy, perpendicular flanking maneuvers across the central portion of the map.

There are currently no glyphs associated with the map, but there are potential locations around the water tiles.

I have playtested the map with ranged vs melee, and it was an even split for both types. The snow tiles are great perches for ranged units and cheerleaders, but the trees and rock outcrops do an excellent job of blocking line of sight to advancing units. However, each flank allows for a convenient avenue for fast moving units, with potential choke points close to the water tiles.

The maps seems balanced, and allows for quick play or well-thought strategies...But I look forward to hearing about your testing and suggestions for improvement.