View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Another opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman
There is a world of difference between casual play and tournament play.

In the vast majority of "Official" tournaments for other games, proxies are not allowed, period.

If you want to repaint a figure, and print out a card to use in casual games, I have no problem with that.

It's when you try to use one in a tournament that I have a problem with.

If you want to use a figure in a tournament, go to GenCon or Ebay, and get/buy the actual figure if you really "need" it that badly in your army.

Cigarman
Who are you to say that? Frankly you sound very pompous and ridiculously aloof. Why? I'll tell you...

Why would anyone have a problem with any proxy? There are no official tournaments. The events that are in existence are only there because a group of folks put some love and hard work into them and will them to happen. At the DFW tournies we have welcomed anyone (within reason) to our events. If anyone asked to use a proxy no one would object at all.

In fact I suspect that if anyone at the event was a colossal ass and griped about it there would be an outpouring of support for the person in need of a proxy and about a dozen offers to help out would immediately be heard. This is not your standard miniatures game with snob hierarchies and daily comic shop round tables. The majority of the folks in this community are either minors or dads that play with/around their young sons. We are not elitist about who owns what because this game makes pretty much everything easily available to everyone. When that doesn't happen people try to help each other out rather than telling some one to "go to GenCon or eBay if they really need a figure".

Mabye your intent was different, and if it is I would invite you re-read your post. It comes off as very arrogant and unnecessarily harsh. The reason I am saying something about it rather than just ignoring it, is because I think this type of attitude has no place here. WotC may handle the service calls, but HeroScape doesn't have to turn into one of their games and if I can do anything about it I won't let it happen.

[gets down from soapbox]

That is all.

markwars