View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2015, 05:41 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
If we EVER get around to making a Lady Rainicorn custom, how about a power where the colour of the order marker revealed decides her powers?
I don't see how that's going to be particularly helpful as people rarely play with different colored Order Markers (and you're basically giving away what your turns are).

Another way to handle Jake could be something like this.

Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

It certainly makes the decision a bit trickier if your opponent is running Braxas and Dwarves and I think I like that so that way you have to make tactical decisions.

Also is the word "vertical space" a defined Heroscape term? I do think phrasing it as "Jake's height is considered to be 25" is more in line with Scape terminology.

So that would mean assuming vertical space is a defined term it could be worded like this.

SHAPESHIFTING

When moving up or down levels of terrain, you may count 10 vertical spaces as one and Jake's height is considered to be 25. Adjacent figures attacking Jake never receive height advantage. Before taking a turn with Jake, you may choose whether Jake is considered small, medium, large, or huge. Jake remains this size until you take another turn with Jake.

Also Jake Suit might need some rewording. My thoughts and suggestions.

JAKE SUIT

After revealing an Order Marker on an adjacent Adventurer hero you control, you may choose that hero and place this figure on the chosen heroes hero's Army Card. Add 2 to the attack and defense of the chosen figure while Jake is on it'sits card. If the chosen figure receives any wounds while Jake is on it'sits card, place the same amount of Wound Markers on this card. After the opponent has taken their next turn place Jake on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure. You may only use this power once per round.

In addition I do wonder about the precise timing. Is the Jake Suit supposed to activate after taking wounds or just the turn your opponent takes after the Jake Suit? Either way, how does it resolve if you finish a round with OM 3 on the card and then win initiative the next round and take OM 1?

(I also presume Jake dies if he receives enough wounds to be destroyed but the adventurer doesn't and that he returns to the battlefield if the adventurer receives enough wounds to be destroyed but Jake doesn't. I can't guarantee the card works this way but I presume that's the intent)

Anyway, yay for latetime random rules rambling.

~Dysole, brewing potential ideas for the next batch of characters