View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Colorado NHSD map thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I'm going to be probably building 4 or 5 maps. probably 1 or 2 BOV maps, 1 homemade HOB map, and 1 or 2 homemade symetrical maps, if I build a 5th one I'll probably build another HOB map just from my leftover pieces on the spur of the moment.
My thought was that, rather than have everybody decide what maps they want to bring, we would work out the entire map set on this thread. So, post what maps you would like to have at the event, and we'll collectively decide which maps to use.

Just to be clear, the four I nominated are not automatically in - I'm just putting them out there for discussion.

Of course, we won't know exactly how many maps we need until we get closer to the event (and we'll probably want a couple extras to cover for possible walk-ins), but it pays to start putting a pool together now.
I said that for a few reasons. Mainly I don't want to get my terrain mixed up with other peoples. I have a specific amount of terrain so I will need to know what all I can build in advance. I'm throwing out the two maps that I have already put together that don't require much more preplanning, then I will know what I have left to build already premade maps. Assuming I make just the glacier map I proposed (my personal choice), that means I have 2 SOTM, 2 ROTV, 3 jungle, and 2 caslte sets left. Then I can see which of the other proposed maps I should build, then I know what I have left to make up a HOB map with. If I don't plan it out like that then the terrain may not match up with the maps that everyone chooses. I'm gonna get those pictures loaded up here, of course it's hard to judge by the pictures alone but it will give an idea. Just remember that it plays much more balanced than it looks.