View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:49 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Hobbit:Unexpected Journey scape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
You have some interesting and creative ideas here.

One thing you may want to keep in mind is that when you add automatic skulls or shields to a units roll, you are greatly increasing their inherent defense or attack. For example...

Radagast has a base defense of 5 and gets 2 auto shields when adjacent to a tree or bush. Since you have a 1:3 chance of rolling a shield, statistically, 1 auto shield= 3 defense dice, so 2 auto shields will = 6 defense dice giving Radagast a defense equivalent to 11. Needless to say that is extremely high. That is why you see auto shields and skulls used sparingly on official units.

That is one reason Arch-vile was correct when he said these guys' point costs will be through the roof. Of course if you are going for high costed heroes, go for it, these are your customs.

Again, you have some creative ideas going on here, keep it up!

The idea was so that Radagast could simply blend into the terrain. Not only would nobody be able to see him for great periods of time, but when they did get a glimpse of him moving around through the underbrush, they are just going to end up smacking at leaves! This will make him survive for quite awhile, but keep him not exactly deadly. As for the auto-skull/shield issue, I've only been designing the bruisers. Characters like say Ori (The Momma's boy) are only gonna cost like 20 points! But thanks for checking me out and I will defineately take that to heart. I'm currently working on Saruman, but after that I'll do a weaky or two just to show you how things go down!