View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2023, 03:18 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

You know it's funny I was reading through that linked information completion post and it talked about something that I've been thinking about for a while and I just have to ask what everyone else thinks.

Basically how competitively viable is heroscape as a game compared to other miniature games. The post was talking about wanting scape to remain casual, which I think is interesting because I think the simple and easy to approach nature of heroscape also makes a better competitive game. Game pieces in heroscape have specific identifiable roles that make it much easier to identify where they belong and what they can do.

I've only played a few miniatures games and just started learning warhammer 40k but a lot of them feel like they lose the fun game aspects in favor of realism. A lot of it feels so bloated it makes it very difficult to make tactical decisions. While trying to learn 40k it just made me want to play heroscape instead.

But I'm a more competitive tcg players then I am for miniatures. I'm curious what other people think in both of "where is scape competitively relative to other games" and "where should scape head in terms of competitiveness in the reboot?"