View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2023, 08:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
NecroBlade's ScapeCon III Battle Reports

Three Headed Hydra (480▲/18 )

I ran Heavies x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Otonashi. Team T.H.I.R.D. (That’s How I Roll Dice) won every dice-off and chose to defer matchup bans every time. I won all 4 games, and at the end of every game I had 1-2 Life Grimnak and 1-4 Heavies left (plus Otonashi).

I felt pretty good about my semi-mirror matchup against Blade Gruts on Healing Waters. My opponent (KnightOfLight) outnumbered me (only by 3 figures since he had to sit 1) and had the better endgame piece (Erevan Sunshadow) but I had better stats. This was the only game Otonashi died, as she ate a Wannok wound. This was a big Chomp and smack fight over the high ground, that I did eventually come out on top of. I got a couple Heavies to Erevan but he was able to Fey Step away and draw the fight to the low ground around the tree and glyph, where it was extremely difficult to maneuver Grimnak. I got the win eventually, but not before he made this the closest game of the day.

Zombies/Kaemon Awa (Dysole) on April 9 could be difficult since there were already a lot of Zombies before they start coming back. I sent Grimnak toward the right side where the Zombie screen was thinnest, while she set the screen up across the entire map and switched to Kaemon. I thought this was a good strategy since losing screen Zombies while OMs are elsewhere isn’t too bad since they’ll come back later. Kaemon wasn’t able to pick his targets from behind the ruin, so he took a suboptimal spot that let me pivot Grimnak into Chomping one Zombie and smacking another, making a hole for a pair of Heavies to get at Kaemon. Kaemon went down, but Zombies were doing their thing. They even Overwhelmed Nerak successfully after he helped fight them off the Attack +1 Glyph which was a great tool for them, though thankfully they didn’t get to bring one back for that. I don’t remember exactly how many Zombies came back over the course of the game, but eventually the apocalypse was put down for good.

Facing Glads/Blasts (boromir96) didn’t sound too bad thanks to Chomp, but unfortunately it was on Ascension and Grimnak doesn’t fit alongside the ruin. I needed plan B, C, and D to pull this one out. First, I was able to rush Raelin with a couple Heavies before the Glads screened her off, but I didn’t kill her and any damage I may have done was irrelevant since I could no longer reach her. With Grimnak positioned as best he could boosting a couple Heavies but not getting surrounded by Glads, Nerak moved in to take a swing at a Glad. I don’t remember him succeeding at clearing a hole, but the return fire took all 4 shots from Blasts to kill him, so at least he bought me a turn. Thankfully at this point, the remaining Glads were tied up with Heavies, leaving Grimnak to make a flanking charge around glaciers. Blasts screened for Raelin for a couple Chomps, but after 2 tries Grimnak got her, too. Wounded Grimnak and the remaining Heavies cleaned up now that their defenses were down.

Last game was against Sacred Band with Marcus, Parmenio, and Airborne Elite (S1RARTOR1OUS). Airborne Dropping and killing Grimnak would be very bad for me, but thankfully that didn’t happen. They did Drop, and they and the Band put up a good fight, but ultimately Chomp was just too much of an advantage.

Meanwhile my teammates each went 2-2, but in the exact right way. We picked a couple sacrifice matchups and a couple 50/50s to give us the best shot at the other games. Our record was 8-4 in games and 4-0 in matches, earning us first place and first seats in the Sunday Championship.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13