View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2024, 09:47 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I'm going to go ahead and nominate Nightfall.

Nightfall

Events:

Louisville, KY Monthly Tournament (10/22/2022)
Mid-Atlantic Regional Scapers (4/22/23)
MARS Salisbury Maryland - VCheese (6/25/23)
Peoria Monthly June 2023 (6/24/23)
Missouri Seasonal Tourneys (7/22/23)
MARS D.C. July 2023 - RtW (7/22/23)
Peoria Monthlies 23 — SC prep RtW (7/29/23)
Utah Monthly July 2023 (7/29/23)
Scapecon 3

From ScapeCon III feedback thread, Nightfall seemed to be the overall favorite map, or at least near the top. And it's a great use of the Marvel set overall.
Nightfall review:

So first of all to me the amount of sets it uses isn't a problem, the goal of WoS is to provide TO with good maps they can use, and Nightfall does just that, if TO can't use Nightfall because it uses too many sets there's plenty of other WoS or non-WoS maps to choose from.
Tho using few sets gets bonus points.

So on the actual review.
Like 1Mmrig, I was afraid this map would have a the two hills problem, but unlike 1Mmirg it never happened in my games or in the games I watched, probably because I did not pick machups especially for this problem, but I don't think the map necessarily leads to 2 armies camping more than any other map really. Overall I feel it's a very well executed 2 hills map, I agree with people that said that it plays similarly as Aeon which is in my opinion the best 2 hills map.

It's definitely a range friendly map with lots of heights very near the startzone and the road suffering the "bad road" syndrome a bit. But not to the point where it's problematic to me, melee still has some tools like the shadow to advance a bit more covered and the road even tho it has "bad road" syndrome with almost all adjacent hexes to road having height on it, it won't be used in all melee vs range games, but it's a good tool if you just want to rush, for example with a shark like a hero that can disengage and just want to hit a specific piece in the statzone, or another use is to bring reinforcements in once you made contact.

I don't think it's like THE GOAT map to me and I think it could be sightly improved (maybe making the road sightly better). But I still think it completely passes the quality checkmark for a spot in the WoS.
It's balanced, dynamic, interesting and beautiful.
I vote yes to induct.