View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy creates figures with Green Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Its very easy just time consuming. Making squads llike sacred banf or heavies or anything over $18 its worth it i you have the time but stuff like wave 1 stuff your better buying.
I have not even started on the painting side of things, and I suspect, simple paint jobs aside, it will take even more time polish up the figures...As my last, full-fledged painting attempts were with Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader miniatures in high school.

Quote:
Filthy try peeling the two molds apart once cold and it should not distort your mold. I'll do this tonight and take pictures to show you what I mean. It just seems like the vaseline will force you to clean up after each mold.
For some reason, I had problems with sticking, probably due to my impatience. I am not slathering on much vaseline on the mold, so there is not much to clean up. Still, I will let my molds cool a bit longer and then pull them apart sans vaseline.

Quote:
Did you like the gale force 9 greenstuff? Never tried it I only know the games workshop type strip and Im not to please on how it becomes grainy when it gets old or the fact the middle is wasted. Ill show you in a picture.
It was easy to blend, and the cured plastic is firm and easy to trim with a knife. I need to order more of it, though, as I managed to get 7 figures out of my supply (not counting the 7-8 figures that were scrapped...A 50% attrition rate!).