View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Filthy creates figures with Green Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post

Thanks for the tutorial, I liked how you solved the alignment problem.
Ah, advice from the master! Many thanks for the kind words and suggestions; I will be sure to give them a shot (especially with the priming, colors, and pins).

To address some of your questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll
Im curious though, why the vaseline? The greenstuff does not stick to the instant mold. Instant mold claims nothing will stick to it, you can pour crazy glue into it, and once dry peel it off ( I tried, just to test it out and its true)
The vaseline was to keep the 2 sides of the Instant Mold from bonding. Without the vaseline, I noticed that one side of the mold would stick to the other side. Since I needed the 'freshest' side to be pliable enough to mold around the figure, the vaseline seemed to fix this problem.

Quote:
Also, when you made your first mold, you said you used more instant mold, was it to reenforce your first mold, or was it to make more molds?
I found that one stick of Instant Mold was oftentimes not thick enough to make an adequate mold. So, I made one section out of either 2 sticks of the Instant Mold...Or I broke one stick in half and then mixed the halves each with another stick. Note that I was using the lego piece, so I needed a bit more space on the mold to accommodate it.

Quote:
Your Figures looked way better then mine did when I first tried, I like how clean they look.
Thanks! However, I ended up only getting about 7 good sculpts out of my Green stuff stock. I probably lost about 7 - 8 figures due to misaligned molds (this is about the time I tried the lego trick), and I wasted quite a bit of Green stuff due to placing too much of it into some of the molds. You are right in that it is easy to waste a good chunk of the stuff. Just wait until I finish the mechanized TKN sculpt...