View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: capsocrates' maps - Reset and Helplessness Blues -5/1/11

Reset looks like a lot of fun to play on, but it's pretty big for a tournament map. The build instructions list it at 35"x38" (and it doesn't look like that will change much by turning it) it won't fit on a lot of tables, and on tables it does fit on it won't leave a lot of room for cards, dice, rollers, or another map. You could probably squeeze the footprint down without changes the general feel of the map too much by tightening up all the level 1 24-hex plates in against each other, and chopping off the 5 hex "tail" from the start zones (that will also help bring the SZs a bit closer together, resulting in faster action).

I love the footprint of Helplessness Blues. I doubt that the corners beyond the glyphs will see much action, but I think that it's visually striking enough that it might be worth leaving the dead space. Any reason you went with fixed glyphs instead of random? There is also a tempting Raelin perch out from the left of each SZ-the level 5 1-hexxer 6 spaces out that covers the hill and glyph might tend to draw ranged pods to camp there.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)