View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:56 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker
Re: Colorado NHSD 2012

Didn't realize this thread was here. ...

The 13th doesn't work well for us. We can make it, but not until 11:30 at the earliest. I think the 6th is much better for us. (I think.)... I'll have to double check on that.

As for the other stuff...

The suggested format sounds fun, but I'd prefer a straight forward tourney for NHSD. Bring your ONE army of 510. Regular rules as our former Rocky Mountain Rumbles.

Location... I guess EG sounds ok. It seems to be the best fit for those living south of Denver. I always really loved the library events in Boulder (alas... those days are gone).

I am not necessarily a fan of Marvel (especially the big guys), but we've always allowed it for our events. So I think we should say Marvel Allowed.

I would say no to C3V and SoV. If it's NHSD I think we should keep it clean.

Prizes... I guess those Heroscapers and House Mouse sponsored days are gone, huh? That was always a load of fun. If people bring prizes, we should do what we've always done... first place gets first pick from the table, second, third, and so on... That way everyone gets something (hopefully).

I like the Rolling Rumble tournament format the best. I guess we COULD have a final. But to have semi's and final is a bit much in my opinion.

Sadly, we missed last year's NHSD in WY. How did things go there?

And finally, NHSD has always been the Heroscape highlight of the year. We've got to be sure to draw a large crowd. We've got to get the CSprings guys and their friends into this. As well as all of our Denver guys. If we can reach them via PM and make sure this date works for them that would be awesome. (The Springs guys always seem to have to get around their work schedule).

That's my huge opinion.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.