View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2024, 07:31 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom lord of the rings units and heros (WIP)

First a bit of tidying:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzsking View Post
Valkrill
SARUMAN

MAIAR
UNIQUE HERO
WIZARD
TERRIFYING
MEDIUM 5

Move 5
Range 7
Attack 4
Defense 3

Life 5

Cost 220

WHITE HAND OF SARUMAN
After moving and before attacking you may roll the 20-sided die. Add the number of Orcs destroyed adjacent to Saruman to your die roll.
• If you roll 1-15, nothing happens.
• if you roll 16-17,you may place 1 destroyed common orc you control adjacent to Saruman.
• if you roll 18-19, you may place up to 2 destroyed common Orcs you control adjacent to Saruman.
• if you roll 20, you may place up to 3 destroyed common Orcs you control adjacent to Saruman.

ETHEREAL SHIELD
Enemy figures must be within 4 spaces of Saruman to attack him with a normal attack.
Or just adjacent figures.

VOICE OF SARUMAN
If Saruman is attacked with a normal attack by an adjacent figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to whatever is rolled if the attacking figure is a Common figure. If you roll 15-20, Saruman takes no wounds and that individual figure's turn ends.
Now, I am not sure of the personality Terrifying. It may be true but I don't think it really captures who he is. Something like Commanding I would think is a better fit.

Range 7 is a little on the far side. But without playtesting I can't say either way.

With White Hand of Saruman you may need to make it clear that you are referring to your destroyed Orcs and you probably don't mean adjacent. Unless I am missing your meaning & you are trying to say something else.
Quote:
WHITE HAND OF SARUMAN
After moving and before attacking you may roll the 20-sided die add X to your roll where X is the number of Orcs in your army that have been destroyed.
• If you roll 1-15, nothing happens.
• if you roll 16-17, you may place 1 destroyed common Orc you control adjacent to Saruman.
• if you roll 18-19, you may place up to 2 destroyed common Orcs you control adjacent to Saruman.
• if you roll 20, you may place up to 3 destroyed common Orcs you control adjacent to Saruman.
Ethereal Shield, you don't need the second sentence, "Or just adjacent figures.", as it is redundant.

Voice of Saruman is fine. However this makes 2 defensive powers. While there isn't anything wrong with that it's just sort weird to do.