View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: [Competitive] 10-0 with Arlinn (600 pts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
As far as bad matchups, Have you tried it against @capsocrates ' Sorin and the Auto-Wounders squad? (Sorin, Avacyn, Eldrazi Ruiner)
I feel like Caps is on to something there with that being a 'meta' squad that everything needs to be able to at have a reasonable matchup against to be considered truly competitive.
Funny that you ask, because I played three games against that Sorin-Army today, and... lost all three. However, my opponent and me agreed that all of those losses were due to sheer bad luck.

Game 1 Arlinn got cornered by the Eldrazi and I tried to burst it down with a Stroke-boosted Prophet and Firecat and a boosted Arlinn, all of these with height advantage. Missed the kill by one point, then at the Eldrazi's turn Corpse Lunge + Lifelink + First Strike, and my army was devastated, with Eldrazi at full health again x(

Game 2 I got an opening on Sorin, with the 2 hasters and Groundswell on Arlinn. Did 3 damage in the haste attacks, and then Arlinn completely whiffed. After that, the Eldrazi laid waste to my army.

Game 2 I finally managed to mow down Sorin with the Kessig Rangers (Twinflame + Snare the skies) But this should still not be a win: After the Eldrazi survived the hasters (again...), it rolled SIX SWORDS on Arlinn, with her of course getting no shields... Elrazi died soon after but Avacyn killed the rest of my army.

What I learned from these games? I love that Arlinn build. No Planeswalker is safe with all the burst damage she can dish out. I'm still a bit salty about my losses against Sorin & the Auto-Wounders... That Army definitely is a deal.
I've already figured that targeting the Eldrazi is useless as long as Sorin's alive. So sniping down Sorin should be top priority.
Any additional advice?

Anyways, I love that build and I'll definitely try to master it. It seems like a real blast to play
Thanks for sharing the list.
Check out my latest battle video and see what you think. @Tiranx and I just used @capsocrates army vs. heroscape.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22