View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
NHSD in South Florida!! (Oct. 16)

We will be running our first National Heroscape Day tournament in South Florida this year. Every previous year, we have avoided the actual day of NHSD, since there have been other events. This time it is our turn and we hope that many Florida Scapers can join us.

I invite anyone interested in joining us for what I hope will be our largest event ever.

South Florida National Heroscape Day Tournament

What: Swiss style (4 rounds) Heroscape Tournament with Final Four

Why: NHSD!

When: Saturday, October 16, Noon-6pm

Where: CoolStuffGames: South Florida

5655 S. University Dr.
Davie, FL 33328

954-680-3929

$5 entry fee (goes to Final Four winnings pot for in-store credit)

475 point armies (with a 550 point total for the Final Four--must use the same original 475 point army, adding on new units to reach 550)

Only 1 A+ army card allowed per army (A+ army cards include Deathreavers, Major Q9, and Raelin (RotV)--you may have as many Deathreavers as you like and you may use Raelin (SotM) with another A+ unit)

24 space start zones

Maps

Quasatch Playground

I'm thinking about also using a few of the pending BOV nominees (maybe not pending for long)--ones that don't have any NO votes and in some cases were used at GenCon as well:

Tell Tale Forest (no image available)

Blackroot

Fulcrum

If you can't take the heat...

Jotun's Gap

We'll watch these and based on continued positive support, any of these may be chosen.)

More details

50 min. Swiss rounds and 4-people final, with partial point totals for unfinished matches (i.e. at 50 min. the games will be called, scores will be tabulated using the "Fractional Scoring" Rules in GrungeBob's Tourney Rules.)

Rough Schedule:
(11:00-12:00 - Set-up)
Noon-12:30 - Arrive, register, receive first map assignment (please be on time)
12:30-1:20 - First Round
1:30-2:20 - Second Round
2:30-3:20 - Third Round
3:30-4:20 - Fourth Round
4:30-5:00 - Score tabulations (4 semi-finalists determined), general prizes awarded, break for snacks/food
5:00-5:50 - Semi-Finals (Fifth Round for those interested)
6:00-6:50 - Finals (free play for everyone else)
7:00+ - Prizes, takedown, etc.

Glyphs:
Common Attack +1
Unique Attack +1
Defense +1
Move +2
Initiative +8
d20 +1
Healing
Wound

Treasure Glyphs (for Blackroot, for example):
Attack +1
Defense +1
Healing

Prizes Promised (I decided to do reverse alpha order this time, just to be fair):

Wizards of the Coast - 3 BftU (D&D) Master Sets; 1 wave of D2 - arrived!
Wargamer's HQ - $25 gift certificate (x2) + some t-shirts - arrived!
Vixentor Games - Custom dice bowl - arrived!
Troll and Toad - Looks to be sending some really cool things, more details soon
Miniature Market - Ten $10 gift certificates - arrived!
HouseMouse - $25 gift certificate - arrived!
CoolStuffInc - has something in the works, probably some boosters, more info to come

Please support these sponsors. These are the companies that help make our events possible and the Heroscape community better. Please remember them as you make purchases.

RSVPs:
1Mmirg +2 (+3?)
Mmirg's Princess
rudyvalentine +1
Boondocksaint +1 (?)
Grail +2
Blue Dane +2
Mr. Jumpy +1 (+2?)
rottiepaws (?)
millermixture +1 (?)
pstitle +1
justncaseur1-2 ?
Roderick2012 +1 ?

Last edited by 1Mmirg; October 15th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.