View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post

Another entertaining session report. Yep, I'm getting weak. I think I'll go ahead and preorder the Footlocker and Speedball expansions (at a minimum) and try to get this back on the table. I've also noticed the rules have received a 2.0 upgrade, and there's a very interesting file on BGG containing 100 randomly generated missions.

No sooner had I mentioned cutting way back on board game purchases, and Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn hit my radar. I watched the rules and overview video for it, and this looks like it'll scratch that Magic itch. I preordered it, as Plaid Hat Games offers great preorder discounts.

I played Tsuro of the Seas last night with my parents. It's been a while since we've played this. It's a tile laying game where you place a tile with pathways in front of your ship, and you try to be the last ship on the table. There are obstacles on the board that you have to avoid, and you also must avoid running off the board or into another ship. It plays quick and a lot of fun to play. I also have the original version without the obstacles, and that's fun as well.

I'll have to check out those files on BGG David. I already did a Jungle campaign and got part way through the Mid-East Insurgent campaign before failing. Now for my second try at that, it seems to be going better so I may be able to get through all 7 missions. Then onto the Mid-East Military campaign, and I know that one will be a bear. That all said, there are still so many different combos of soldiers/equipment to try out in different campaigns, as well as different mission/objective combos. Sounds like you are really going all in on that one. Can't wait to hear how the Footlocker is.

Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn looks interesting and I may have to look deeper into that at some point.

I haven't played Tsuro of the Seas yet, just regular Tsuro several times and usually with 5 or 6 players. Neat game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon