View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.
Gary, I cringe.
Truly.

Only because I took FOUR FRICKIN' SQUADS of Minions against Q9 defending a castle - and lost every single one of them to his ironclad butt.

eek. different experiences i guess.

twice i've done a good old 3 for 3 skulls on a perfectly healthy Q9 who rolled 2 for 7 defense. no more Q9. (granted 6 hits kills most things.)

but with Q9 in a castle...was he getting extreme height advantage on anything?

i have lost a mess of Einar Imperium to Q9 even with Kiova backing them up. but that was because Raelin was backing Q9. i tried getting Raelin out of the picture first but Q9 wouldn't let me.

i've had Minions on the receiving end of Braxas. that was unpleasant. 2 squads of Minions disappeared in a hurry.