View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:51 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
I have to agree that Alastair is awesome. Attack 5 two times in a row at least in the first round! The next round can give you another attack 5 two times in a row! Then move 4 MacDirk warriors with at least attack 3 each during their first turn and at least 4 attack each in the 2nd round (if you still have them all hence the need for two squads at least). The MacDirk warriors go fast, but you could play at least two of those squads and milk Alstair's 6 lives (or better said his first 5). You could also boost the warriors defense and retreat Alastair to a save location even risking a living engagement attack just before he is gone (ie. two lives left). Just make sure that he is not cornered. The possibility of getting up to 7 attack from each warrior can be devastating and they don't even have to be adjacent or within clear sight of Alastair. It's almost like 4 mini Krugs. Alastair is one of the few heroes that will make you smile when he gets wounded early on, but you do want to keep him alive longer when 1 or 2 lives are left in him (even more so than other unique heroes). Afterall, "there can be only one", a direct quote from MacDirk Warriors' card. Or is it Highlander?

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.

Last edited by Hero Hot Hatch; June 1st, 2008 at 11:07 AM.