View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2012, 10:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: capsocrates' maps - Mulberry Bush and Posies added - 5/2

Reset: The placement off the Ruins and rock outcrops look good, I like that melee figures can go from cover to cover then flank the opponent. I'm always a sucker for elevated water, but that's more my personal taste. The shadow and glyph placement looks soiled, the aesthetics look good to, which is always a bonus. All in all it looks good, it has no glaring holes that I can see.

Helpless Blues: I feel like the far sides of the map will see little if any action. Also I would like some elevation in the middle between the roads. I do like the use of the water to channel the figures to the sides.

Pocket Full Of Posies: Maps with close starting zones can be very tricky, and without some playtest it's hard to discern it's problems. Flying melee units can get the jump on figures, but range figures for the most part will have to leave themselves vulnerable to a counter attack, if they go for quick attacks right off the bat. The middle looks well thought out and balanced. It looks like a fast, fun and unique map.

Mulberry Bush: I like the concept of this map, but in my opinion it has some problems. As you already said the footprint looks really big, maybe to big, I'm not sure how much space there is per table. A good part of the map looks like it wont see much action, especially the spaces right in back of the starting zones and the edges of the map.

If I had to choose two to submit to R˙chean map contest I would choose Pocket Full of Posies and Reset.