View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2022, 03:04 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
...artificially inflated due to already-existing backers trying to create some form of "momentum".
Not sure I'd call it artificially inflated (or at least not in the sense that AH didn't think about how 8000 orders doesn't mean 8000 backers). Reason I say that is with the Haslab allowing for a maximum of 5 sets to be ordered, they had to have taken into account (in a worst case scenario of course) that there would be only 1600 backers to get to 8K (and possibly fewer than that for anyone who took it a step further and created a second account or got a family member to place an order that they would pay for).

Usually, I think, when formulating a plan you take the worst case scenario, decide if it will still work and go from there. So even though 1600 backers would not have been where they wanted to be, I would think they at least took the possibility into account. Giving too much credit?
Good analysis. The problem though is that this project is not going to fund, so people are increasing their already existing pledges en-masse to give the impression that there is momentum behind this project, even though we couldn't get to half the backers until we got to the 45 day mark.

Ultimately @Dad_Scaper is right- the final number is the final number
Maybe Hasbro is playing chicken with people doing last minute momentum boosting "false buys" to then say "hey, we're funding regardless."

Though I'm sure that's why they probably might not even be able to do that with the way it's written so people don't go, "oh, I didn't mean to purchase 10+ plus copies. I was just doing false buys and would've pulled out of it was closer to 8K.

Upset City Baby.

Last edited by brak88; November 15th, 2022 at 03:49 PM.