View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: What board game brings out the worst in you?

@Hahma

I hear ya. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the group I played with was the same group that I grew up with in college and we were always playing something (wiffle ball, football, softball, nintendo, etc..) and when you're in your early 20s (at least for us) competition was still a huge part of our personalities.

Strat-O was just another thing to beat eachother over the head with. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but there were nights I would look forward to playing all day, only to leave in a bad mood because I went 1-5 on the night with a 'in his prime' Pedro Martinez getting wracked twice (the dice are so evil sometimes).

It's been 8-9 years since the last time we played. I doubt the group (most still local) will get back together for Strat-O any time soon (we all have young kids), but my son is probably old enough to play the basic game. I still have all my old cards. Maybe time to dust em off (who am I kidding, I'll order the current set).

-insert signature here-