View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Killometer's maps ~ Verdant Valley updated 9/22/10

I've been fiddling around with a map idea where all non-Start Zone spaces are road; kind of a Highways and Dieways on steroids.

I started with just 1 BftU and 1 RttFF, but it didn't take too long before I realized that I needed to add a second RttFF. I kept messing with the design, but wasn't happy with it until I decided that it was too flat. Once I broke down and added the second BftU it immediately started to come together how I wanted it-the elevation changes were just what it needed, the extra LoS blockers were helpful, and I had enough shadow tiles to space out the start zones a bit. It had gotten closer to being finished, but it still lacked something-it crowded up too fast-so I wasn't ready to post it. I puty it aside for a while to percolate, and when I looked it over tonight I had an epiphany-I dropped some water spaces on the edge of the map where I had glyphs and replaced them with corridors of shadow tiles. It opened the map up the perfect amount.

I've sacrificed my original vision to a small degree, but it's true enough, and I really like what I've come up with, so here's Stony Pass.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)