View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Battle Reporting

Draft pool:

Cyprien
Sonya
Quorik Warwitch
Rygarn
B-11 Resistance Corps
Raelin (RotV)
Ashigaru Harquebus x3
Marro Dividers x3
Marro Warriors
Kyntela Gwyn
Otonashi

Seeing a lack of B-11s on the restricted list, realizing how good Cyprien could be in Clash, and realizing how fun Quorik + Rygarn would be for Hunger Games, and then realizing Raelin + B stuff would be the pool started to form.

Hunger Games

Quorik and Rygarn vs. master of disaster (Alistair and Hawthorne) vs. robbdaman (Cyprien and Sonya)

Almost went Cyp and Sonya but decided to go the fun route and then realized everybody was melee except for me. (Go Quorik!) Cyprien started things out by chilling Hawthorne and then getting beaten on by the Warwitch. A lot of back and forth happened and Quorik and Rygarn survived WAY too much (Rygarn rolled back to back 19s on Alistair attacks that should have ended him) and I fell just barely before Sonya finished off Alistair. Very close match and I instilled a new hatred of the Warwitch in some players.

Clash in the Catacombs

Cyprien, Quorik, Rygarn vs. master of disaster (Alistair, Hawthorne, Q10) vs. obfuscatedhippo (Wyvern, Akumaken, Eltahale) vs. ROADRAGE (Nerak, Rygarn, Cyprien, Sonya)

So the perfect storm of events happened to allow Cyprien to make it out with 3 glyphs. I only rolled one trap, ROADRAGE's Nerak rolled 3, MoD's Hawthorne betrayed him on the first turn giving me free reign of the left side of the map, and then whenever MoD attacked Cyp with the wandering Anubians he kept rolling 3 or 2 or something. Eltahale made it out with 2 and Nerak finally made it out with 2 more. Quorik grabbed the last glyph and made a mad dash. Several Rechet attacks and a Cyprien attack were not enough and Quorik fluttered out.

For the next three rounds I played Raelin, Rygarn, B-11, Ashigaru x3, Marro Warriors.

First round vs. ROADRAGE (Death Chaser x6, Raelin, MBS, Nerak) on Flash Fire

I knew this would be a tough one and an attack glyph in the middle of the board didn't make my job any easier. It took him way longer to kill Raelin than it should have and Ashigaru managed to kill quite a few orcs in response. Once Raelin feel things went downhill pretty quickly as he was able to swarm into my start zone. I managed to mount a comeback but bringing Raelin forward and some timely defense rolls from MBS gave him the victory with 3 Chasers and Raelin left. Rygarn was the last to fall failing his Temporal Jump.

Second round vs. William099 (Charos, Greenscales x3, Heirloom, Marcu) on Mohican Forest of Shadows

W099 thought I was going to go Cyprien so my beautiful plan of making it look like I would usually draft him worked. I set up a nice little pod and picked off greenscales with Harqs giving the occasional pot shot to Char Char. Meanwhile he tried to chip away Raelin and it took him even longer than it took ROADRAGE. By the time he managed to kill Raelin, he'd lost all his greenies and Char Char was at half health. WTF took care of Charos and Heirloom. I switched over to Marro Warriors for hunting down Marcu for speed and then once Marcu got tied up on my side switched to B-11s. Marcu betrayed W099 flew down into water and took 4 attacks from the B-11s to die.

Third round vs. Piper (Skeletonsx3, Sonya, Iskra, Rechets) on Wampa Cavern

This game was punctuated by a lot of Welcome to Nightvale references as we both discovered another fan of the bizarre podcast. The rechets killed Raelin on her first turn but then were summarily wait then fired to death. The skeletons tried to go around but I managed to set up a firing squad with the Harqs and was picking them off pretty regularly. Eventually the skeleton horde ended and I was able to pick off Sonya (Iskra had fallen to earlier Ashigaru).

Walked away with two squads of Microcorp Troopers (possibly my favorite VC squad). It was fun. Thanks for putting this on guys.

~Dysole, who can't wait for the next one