View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2013, 02:16 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Online 'Scape Season 10 - Round 4 Posted

I was able to escape past Wanderer999 to advance to my second online season Championship game. I chose his Zelrig army (Zelrig, Cathar x3, Siiv), while he used my Vydar ‘borg group (X17, Hoplitrons x3, Blastatrons x2, Krav Maga, Kira Jax). He had me place first and took initiative.

I’ve used Zelrig the most out of any unit in a tournament setting (19 times in 67 games). This was not his finest hour….. I podded up near Wannok, but I had only 5 army cards to place while W999 had 8 and I went first, so while I dictated my location, he dictated the battle scene. He blocked in my spear pod with Hoplitrons and X17 while placing the Kravs close and setting up the Blasts on one near hill and the opposite far hill.

W999 used the first round for all Krav action and was able to take down 2 Cathars and Siiv. I used my first 2 on Cathars and they failed all 4 of their 4v6 against Hoplitrons and managed 2 wounds on X17 in 4 attacks on him. I used my 3 on Zelrig and used the road to walk 9 spaces and engage 2 Kravs right at the northern hill populated by a Blastatron squad, but Zelirg’s 4v3 bite is a miss. You might convince me this was a foolhardy move. I absolutely was placing Zelrig in a dangerous spot giving low ground to Blastatrons, but I was most concerned about the Kravs in this matchup so I thought the 4v3 opportunity plus an initiative win giving me a 2nd was too good to pass up. And even at the disadvantaged position, I thought Zelrig could hold up at least 1 turn…..

WRONG! W999 wins initiatve and the blastatrons get 2 engaged with Zelrig. In 3 attacks, W rolls 7/10 skulls and I roll 1/12 on shields and Zelrig is down. I lose all 3 order markers. #2 and 1 Blastatron is lost to a spear, the other 3 fail attacks. #3 has the Kravs take Dagmar and kill 2 more Cathar.

At the end of round 2, I have lost Zelrig, Siiv, and 4/12 Cathar. W999 has lost 1 Blastatron and 2 wounds on X17.

And here comes my so fortuitous chain of events. I win the round 3 initiative though he has Dagmar. I am able to engage and kill 1 Krav, and another Krav whiffs a 4 defense roll from range. This sequence turned the game around as the lone agent only made 1 kill in that round but my Cathars were able to slowly eliminate Blastatrons and do some other damage.

I would finish 4/6 on Braced Spear doing 2 wounds to X17, and a critical kill on a Hoplitron. Jax had a nice move in the game negating Braced Spear to engage 2 Cathars, but she fell the next turn. I would take the win with 5 Spearmen left. Wanderer was only able to kill 3 of them after the Krav disaster to start Round 3.

Zelrig’s record with me moves to 18-1 although he really didn’t earn this one. He must just not like Blastatrons, because his one loss was to Foudzing using them.

Thanks to Wanderer for a tough fun game.

Dice Stats
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; November 19th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.