View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2022, 07:45 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: This is how Avalon Hill Heroscape succeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Turkey 13 View Post
As someone who owns everything from Heroscape's original run (besides Aquilla's Alliance), I will say there were two things that stopped me from backing this: price point and lack of painted miniatures. $250 was way too high. If they would have tried this for $100 or $150 I probably would have backed it if the miniatures would have been painted. I play Warhammer 40K. I have painted tons of miniatures and terrain, but having the pre-painted miniatures was a big draw with the original game.
You really would've paid $150 for 12-15 painted minis? Like that's what we're talking about if these were painted.
I would pay $100 for a restart with something the size of the D&D master set and hope that their are a couple bonus tiers.

That's only 10 figures I believe.

But that's to help restart the game the way the game should be...painted.
Funnily enough, $100 would be far less than what the D&D Master Set goes for nowadays! All you have to do is look on Ebay to see that there are, in fact, people who will pay hundreds of dollars for the older painted sets (though that is largely because those older sets are no longer in production).

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!