View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Scientist Supreme (Andrew Forson) (Playtesti

Quote:
Quote:
Work stuff ended up being a much easier project than I thought it would be, so I was able to finish up my playtest today. If you need any more info or have any questions, please let me know. I'd never used MODOK before, wow what a beast!

Thanks

Eric

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Scientist Supreme
Army Test
Map: Uncharted Jungle
Units: Scientist Supreme, MODOK, Crossbones, AIM Agents x4 vs Hawkeye 140, Speed, Noh-Varr, Stature, Vision(Jonas), Patriot, Code: Blue Officer x2

Round 1 – Hawkeye moves out. MODOK moves out, takes a ranged shot at Hawkeye, doing a wound and then takes a turn with Hawkeye, who misses a shot at Speed. Patriot moves forward. MODOK attacks Patriot for 2 wounds and has Patriot attack Stature for 3 wounds. Noh-Varr moves out. Crossbones moves forward. Scientist Supreme places the Armor Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 2 – Hawkeye shoots at MODOK but is blocked. MODOK attacks Patriot, doing another wound, and has Patriot attack Stature again killing her. Hawkeye and Patriot both have attacks blocked by MODOK. MODOK attacks Patriot again doing a wound and forces Patriot to attack Code Blue 1 for a wound. Hawkeye shoots at MODOK, who reveals the x-marker and ends the turn. Crossbones shoots at Noh-Varr doing a wound. Scientist Supreme places the Propulsion Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 3 – MODOK attacks Patriot but is blocked. Hawkeye and Noh-Varr have attacks against Crossbones blocked. MODOK attacks Patriot, doing a wound and has Patriot attack and kill the already wounded Code Blue Officer. Hawkeye and Patriot both have attacks on MODOK blocked. Hawkeye shoots and hits Crossbones for 2 wounds, but Patriots attack on MODOK is blocked. Crossbones misses a shot at Noh-Varr. Hawkeye hits Crossbones for a wound, Speed attacks MODOK who reveals the x-marker to end the turn. Scientist Supreme places the Weaponry Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 4 – Hawkeye shoots and kills Crossbones. Noh-Varr uses White Running, but only manages to kill 1 out of 4 AIM Agents he ran through and puts himself in a bad spot in the enemy start zone. MODOK kills Patriot. Hawkeye kills an AIM Agent. Speed attacks MODOK but has the attack canceled by revealing the x-marker. MODOK attacks Speed doing a wound and forces Speed to attack Hawkeye, but is blocked. Hawkeye shoots at MODOK and finally does some damage for 2 wounds. Speed uses his Special Attack on MODOK but is blocked. AIM Agents use the Weaponized Virus attack on Noh-Varr doing 3 wounds.

Round 5 – The AIM Agents get an initiative switch and again attack Noh-Varr with their Special Attack, this time killing Noh-Varr. Speed misses a Special Attack on MODOK. 3 AIM Agents take ranged attacks on Hawkeye and Speed, Speed takes a wound. Hawkeye misses a shoot on MODOK. Speed uses his Special Attack on an AIM Agent, which kills him and 2 others. AIM Agents use their Special Attack on Speed, they roll 1 skull and decide to re-roll because of the Weaponry Marker, but do worse by blanking. Hawkeye's shot is blocked by MODOK, and Speed misses on a Special Attack on AIM Agents.

Round 6 – AIM Agents put 2 wounds on Speed with their Special Attack. Hawkeye kills an AIM Agents and has a second attack blocked by an Agent. AIM Agents roll for their Special attack against Speed but roll 1, so they re-roll doing 2 wounds, killing Speed. Hawkeye kills 2 Agents from Range. MODOK attacks Hawkeye doing a wound and has Hawkeye attack Code Blue Officer 2 but is blocked. Vision uses his Twin Solar Beams attack on MODOK, who blocks it, and an Agent who dies.

Round 7 – Hawkeye attacks and kills 2 AIM Agents. AIM Agent takes a shot at Hawkeye but misses. Vision kills the last AIM Agent. MODOK uses his DOFK power but misses on Vision. Hawkeye misses MODOK, and Vision rolls 4 skulls but MODOK reveals an x-marker to end the turn. MODOK attacks Vision doing 2 wounds.

Round 8 – Hawkeye has both her attacks against MODOK blocked. MODOK attacks Vision for a wound, Vision is commanded to attack Hawkeye, killing her. Vision attacks Scientist Supreme, hitting 4 skulls, Scientist Supreme blanks his roll getting one-shot. MODOK does a wound to Vision. Vision attacks MODOK but it blocked. MODOK uses DOFK, killing Vision.
Round 9 and 10 – MODOK chases down Code Blue 2, killing him while taking another wound.

Scientist Supreme and company win with only MODOK surviving with 3 wounds and 3 life left.

Normal Attacks - none

Advanced Ideas – Placed all 3 markers

Power Gloves – Not Used

Environmental Suit – Also never came into play

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Scientist Supreme, Baron Von Strucker, AIM Agents x5 vs Red Skull 190, Crossbones, Batroc the Leaper, Venom 160, Tombstone

Round 1 – Tombstone, AIM Agents, Crossbones, Baron, Batroc all move forward. Baron takes a shot at Batroc but is blocked. Scientist Supreme places the Armor Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 2 – Batroc attacks Baron doing 3 wounds. AIM Agents move forward taking ranged shots at Batroc doing 1 wound. Crossbones takes a ranged shot at Baron but is blocked twice. Baron uses his Special Attack on Batroc doing 4 wounds killing him. Crossbones takes another 2 shots at Baron, doing another wound. Baron moves back to height. Scientist Supreme places the Propulsion Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 3 - More movement this round, Venom, AIM Agents, and Red Skull move into better positions. Crossbones attacks and kills an AIM Agent. AIM Agents use their Special Attack on Crossbones but are blocked. Scientist Supreme places the Weaponry Marker on the AIM Agents.

Round 4 – 4 AIM Agents move forward via Baron Von Struckers Intelligence Network. AIM Agents use their Special Attack on Crossbones, doing a wound as he uses an AIM Agent as a Human Shield to take the 2nd wound, killing it. Crossbones takes to shots from range killing 2 AIM Agents. AIM Agents are able to surround Venom, Crossbones and Red Skull and use their Special Attack killing Crossbones but the other 2 are unharmed. Tombstone attacks and kills an AIM Agent. AIM Agents Use their Special Attack on Venom and Red Skull, first rolling 1 skull and then re-rolling with their Weaponry Marking but again only rolling 1 and doing no damage. Venom kills an AIM Agent.

Round 5 - 4 AIM Agents move forward via Baron Von Struckers Intelligence Network. AIM Agents use their Special Attack to hit Venom for 3 wounds as he misses his Spider-Sense roll. Venom attacks an AIM Agent but is blocked. AIM have 7 figures with range on Tombstone, they roll 3 skulls but decide to re-roll but this time only roll 2 skulls the 2nd time and its blocked. Venom Special Attacks an AIM Agent but has it blocked. AIM Agents Special Attack Tombstone doing 4 wounds. Tombstone attacks and kills and AIM Agent.

Round 6 - 4 AIM Agents move forward via Baron Von Struckers Intelligence Network. AIM Agents kill Tombstone with their Special Attack. Venom kills an Agent. AIM Agents do 4 wound to Red Skull with their Special Attack. Red Skull engages 3 Agents and tries his Dust of Death Special but misses on all 3 rolls, he does attack and kill an Agent. AIM Agents kill Red Skull with their Special Attack. Dead 3rd order marker as it was on Red Skull.

Rounds 7 and 8 – AIM Agents chase a swing lining Venom around, finally bringing him down with a re-rolled Special Attack. Venom did kill 2 more Agents.

AIM wins with:
5 AIM Agents
Scientist Supreme at full 5 life
Baron Von Strucker with 4 wounds and 1 life left

Normal Attacks - none

Advanced Ideas – Placed all 3 markers

Power Gloves – Not Used

Environmental Suit – Also never came into play

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I'm at a real loss as to what points Scientist Supreme should be at, it had almost no role outside of placing the markers on the AIM Agents, but that boost them them is pretty big. I certainly would draft Scientist Supreme with the AIM Agents every time, but outside of them I don't see a spot for him.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: As I said above, I'm not sure how I feel about Scientist Supreme. 230 is a lot to invest in a unit that mostly is a cheerleader for the first 3 rounds. And after that you want to be placing your markers on the AIM Agents. I think if he is being used in combat, your Agents are dead and you are probably losing. Power Gloves is a cool power, and the reuse of Environmental Suit fits the theme, but its the markers that make all the difference. The armor bonus is definitely helpful, and the re-roll can be big in spots, but to me adding in the flying ability makes a massive difference to the AIM Agents. And if you can make use of Baron Von Struckers Intelligence Network the Flying helps even more. Suddenly you can swarm and overwhelm an enemy with lots of Agents, flying lets you cover so much more ground on most maps. Scientist Supreme won both games that he was in, but outside of placing markers, had almost no role. In game one MODOK was such a beast, at one point I thought he was going to solo the Rookies. Scientist Supreme never got an attack, and got one-shot in it's one defensive situation. The bonuses to the AIM Agents was helpful but they weren't as much of a factor as MODOK. In game two, the Agents were huge. Having 5 squads that could fly, re-roll its special attack and be able to be moved by Strucker was too big to overcome for Red Skulls team of mostly single shot attackers. Scientist Supreme again tuned up the AIM Agents to make them much stronger, but didn't have any roll after round three. I'll be interested to see how the other playtest play out, and what other people think.
Thanks! Yeah, his main deal is definitely just boosting the AIM Agents, really anything else is icing.
Results in from Eric. A small win and then a pretty big one, but I do question the opposing army in that second game. Seems like a point bump may be in order, but I want to look at how that would affect army building stuff.

It does seem (not surprisingly) that more AIM Agents means he does better. Might ask the next playtester to just go all in with something like Agents x7.