View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2020, 12:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Doctor Doom & Iron Man 5/31

I won't be delving into spells myself, but I do like the subtle change in strength with every additional figure with the power. The official Iron Man only ever felt good to me if he had height, mine is a bit of a correction to that hopefully without being an over-correction.

===============

Silver Surfer

No change from last time other than +10 points. Graphic updates and re-ordering the powers, too, but they don't change gameplay at all.

Thanos

Much bigger changes here. Embracing the idea of starting with Glyphs, Thanos starts his Infinity Gauntlet Quest with both the Gauntlet and one Gem (see below). While he lost an Attack, it's made up for by the Power Gem. The Super Strength part doesn't do anything for him since he already has it, but Cap and Red Skull could make use of it (plus there are many, many more non-Super Strength figures in future waves). However, once I hit on the idea of putting the Gems "in" the Gauntlet, having a minor buff without it and a larger buff once attached felt natural. One important thing to note is that the figure is no longer carrying the Gems directly, they're on the Gauntlet's card, so if the figure is killed they don't have to destroy any of them, they just drop the Gauntlet, Gems and all. They're mainly intended for scenario or campaign play, where Thanos attempts to win through collection. I'll go over the other Gems in the future, but I started Thanos with Power since it's the simplest and mirrors the Gauntlet's +1 Defense. Thanos increases a whopping 80 points, though he really only gained +1 Defense, and only until he dies and drops the Gauntlet (after which he's actually -1 Attack). Of course, an ally (or enemy!) can make just as much use of the Gauntlet after Thanos is gone. He's just a monster on offense with 8 Attack at 6 Range on height, and 7 Life behind 9 Defense on height.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13