View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2020, 04:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: SuperHeroScape™: Coming Soon - 5/17/20?

One year later... they're back! I've spent most of that time re-working existing cards, and a little bit finishing new ones. Some of the changes were due to helpful feedback in this thread (thanks everyone who responded!) and some were a result of looking at the larger SuperHeroScape™ picture. We'll begin just as I did last time, with the first alphabetical card and his nemesis.

Not much changed here compared to the previous version. +1 Attack and +50 points. The Attack itself isn't worth nearly that many points, but I didn't like having more Attack than the official Abomination and lower points. So he costs 10 points more than that. Which isn't unreasonable if you consider Stomping after Leaping a strict upgrade. I have also re-ordered powers on cards so that they occur in order from top to bottom over the course of a turn.

Hulk underwent a much larger change. -1 Move and -1 Defense, for starters, re-aligning him with the official stats. Lower move might not seem like much when he can Leap, but if you're his opponent you'd much rather have him Leaping at -3 Attack than running up to you at full strength. Note he also lost Stomp, so on the one hand he can get one bigger attack again after Leaping, but on the other he can no longer handle crowds so well. Partly that was a theme thing and partly a powers thing. Hulk is just about the strongest figure one-on-one, you just point Hulk at one target you want to delete and Smash until it's gone. Equally important, it made room for Gamma Healing. That power was already on every single other type of Hulk (none of which will be appearing in the first 50), so I really didn't like not having it here. Technically yes, there's still room on the card for Stomp, but my Hulk is the giant beat stick. Take someone else if you want finesse. If I did the math right, Hulk Heals an average of 1.7 wounds per turn. Aren't you glad he lost a Defense? And went up 30 points despite losing multi-attack capability? It can be a real pain when he heals 3+ wounds at once, but on the flip side sometimes he whiffs a crucial Healing turn completely and dies, and it turns out you didn't even get his points back out of him.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13