View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Lyrgard's battle reports (links in OP)

Here is yet another battle report concerning Dashi Tokainto !

I played against a Friend, Thörsit. He choose to take the Jandar's army, and let me take the Ninja's army

Jandar's army :
Sir Gilbert (105pts)
2x Knights of Weston (2x 70pts)
2x 4th Mass (2x 70pts)
1x Templar Cavalery (120pts)
= 505pts, 23hex
Ninja's army :
Dashi Tokainto (120pts)
Ninjas of the Northern Wind (110pts)
Moriko (110pts)
Kumiko (80pts, don't have her yer, Elaria will be used as proxy)
Shiori (60pts)
Otonashi (10pts)
Isamu (10pts)
= 500pts, 9hex
The map :

Glyphs was : Mov+2 and Def+1

Thörist's army of good :

My assassination army : :

Let's go !

Spoiler Alert!

It was a very entertaining game, a lot more complicated that the previous for Dashi, having to keep an eye on two ninjas on two fronts, with all the walls. Very interesting and strategic, I often had to plan 2 moves ahead to be sure to not send a ninja somewhere I could not see him/her anymore.
At the end of the game, the weakness of the ninja shows clearly : they are quite brittle. At the begining of the game, Thörsit did not attack a ninja with full force, allowing them to stay alive. If you are playing against them, my advice is : concentrate. Concentrate on killing the ninjas, one after the other. Do not disperse your attack if possible. Stay together, because ninjas are evasive and will try to attack units that can not retaliate, and their good move can sometime allow them to outrun you. If I were to play the Jandar's army against the Ninjas on this map, I'll simply slow roll all my army. Thörist try to take the 2 glyphs (and the move glyph helped him a lot), and try to race to the center of the map, separating his forces, allowing Ninjas to go from one group to another, depending of the situation. If he let his units stay together, he would kill on the spot any ninja fool enough to attack such a mass.

A good game, with fun moment (I loved when Moriko stormed the opponent's camp just to fall on the knight back), and turning tide !

Some people, seing my first two games with Dashi wondered if he was not overpowered, to be able to kill a knight army. He clearly is not overpowered. His army have great weakness, but on the other way, the excellent mobility of the Ninja allow them to strike hard at any mistake of the opponent. Clearly, you need some experience to play against them, because they behave in an unique way, and it make them very interesting.
I really enjoyed playing Dashi Tokainto, and I hope we will see him soon being released by the SoV ! I give him my

Last edited by Lyrgard; December 6th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.