Re: The Book of Judge Dredd - Playtesting Phase
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Judge Dredd
- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes- What should be the unit's point value? 180- Give a brief overview.The Simians make a monkey out of Dredd
Map: Abandoned Missile Base
Units: Judge Dredd, Hush, Hired Guns, Parasite & Black Mask (920 points)
Solovar, Gorilla Grodd, Gorilla-Man, Gorilla City Warriors x3 & Fire Ant Swarm x3 (925 points)
Round 1: Judge Dredd takes out 2 Gorilla City Warriors with his high ex special attack. They attempt a retaliation which he shakes off, and Parasite finished off another Gorilla.
Round 2: Judge Dredd tries to take out the second squad of Gorillas, but fails to do any damage. Inspired by Solovar, the Gorillas rush and attack Dredd. 4 skulls with no shields and 6 skulls with 1 shield leave Dredd dead before the end of round 2!
Round 3: The deadly Gorillas do 2 damage to Parasite. Feeling boxed with the Gorillas approaching, the Hired Guns attempt to destroy the wall section but only manage 2 wounds with all 8 attacks. Grodd gets close to Parasite and finishes him off. The Hired Guns manage to deal the wall 1 more damage. Grodd fails to do Black Mask any damage or mind control Hush. The Hired Guns manage 1 more wound on the wall. A Hired Gun tries to wound Grodd with Black Mask’s help, but gets killed by Black Mask for failing.
Round 4: Hush fails to wound Grodd. The Gorillas kill another Hired Gun. The last two Hired Guns go gangbusters on the Gorillas and take out the last 3. Grodd kills Black Mask outright in one attack, then uses mind control on Hush to chuck him off the tower. Hush evades any falling damage, but Grodd uses him to kill the third Hired Gun. Hush gets in Grodd’s face and gives him a wound, plus one more from Surgical Strike. Grodd returns the favour, giving Hush 2 wounds.
Round 5: The final Hired Gun fails to do any damage to Grodd, and Grodd kills Hush in return. Another multi-skull attack from Grodd on the last Hired Gun sweeps away all the ape army’s resistance.
Winners: Solovar, Gorilla-Man, Gorilla Grodd (2 wounds), 3 (of 3) Fire Ant Swarms
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes- What should be the unit's point value? 220- Give a brief overview.Crime Doesn’t Pay
Map: Abandoned Missile Base
Units: Judge Dredd, Nick Fury, Iron Man Stealth, SHIELD Agents x2 & SHIELD Sniper x1 (980 points)
Lex Luthor (Battlesuit), Hush, Two-Face, Lexcorp Security x1 & Street Thugs x3 (985 points)
Round 1: Iron Man makes an attack on Lex, but his Kryptonite armour shrugs it off.
Round 2: Two-Face tries a couple of attacks on Iron Man, but he avoids them both with his stealth defence. Using his deadly high ex attack twice, Dredd takes out 4 street thugs (although one was sacrificed by Lex to save his own worthless hide).
Round 3: The Helicarrier team arrive! A Lexcorp Security man manages to give Dredd a wound, and Lex flies up to meet the Helicarrier team, in an attempt to take out the SHIELD Agents’ advantageous kill box position, but he repeatedly fails to kill any of them. Nick Fury co-ordinates Iron Man and the SHIELD Agents for the first of many repeat attacks. They take out a Lexcorp Security and give Lex a wound.
Round 4: The Street Thugs manage to give Dredd another wound, but Dredd returns the favour by killing three of them with his high ex again. Lex and his remaining Security man manage another wound each on Dredd, but Lex takes a leaving engagement attack from the SHIELD Agents. Lex gets caught by the agents’ kill box and gets wiped out. Hush takes a falling damage to get up close and personal with his vendeatta, Iron Man, but fails to do any damage. Iron Man kills him in return.
Round 5: The Street Thugs fail to do Dredd any damage. The Lexcorp Security manages to fend off an attack from Iron Man, and a Street Thug survives a kill box! Rolling all skulls, Lexcorp Secuity finishes off Dredd, but the poor Street Thug fails to survive a second kill box attack. Two-Face tries in vain again to wound Iron Man.
Round 6: Two-Face shrugs off a retaliation from Iron Man. The Street Thugs take out their first agent. Two-Face blocks another attack from Iron Man. The agents and thugs go tit-for-tat, with 2 more agents and 3 more thugs getting killed.
Round 7: Two-Face block two more attacks from Iron Man, but the agents kill the last thug. Two-Face tries to attack Iron Man again, but 8 defense dice with height and 1 shield blocking all damage, it’s not even worth bothering with. Iron Man manages a 6 skull attack on Two-Face with the height advantage and finishes him off.
Winners: Nick Fury, Iron Man, SHIELD Sniper, 3 (of 6) SHIELD Agents
Conclusion: Dredd got his butt kicked thoroughly by the apes, and managed to do some damage in the second game, but it was Nick Fury getting to use Iron Man and the SHIELD Agents every turn that made the difference. Dredd is great against tightly packed squads, but the other attacks didn’t get a look-in. He’s going to get stomped against most A or B level heroes because he has only 5 move, life and defense, can’t fly and has no bonding bonus. Maybe with future Judge bonding he’ll really shine. I’m still not sure he’s worth quite 240 – maybe 220.
Last edited by streaky2007 : July 3rd, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
HellboyScape continues here...
C3G Design points: