View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: davidlhsl's Battle Stories

David: “Welcome, Sports Fans! I’m David, and please join me in welcoming my co-anchor, Bob!”

Bob: “Thanks, David! What’s on the agenda for this weekend?”

David: “Balantai’s Battlescape!”

Bob: “Sounds great! Running a little late, are we?”

David: “It took me a couple of weeks just to find all the figures. I really need to get organized. Actually, real life has gotten in the way, but I’m ready now and completely stoked to play a battle. This time, I’m using Stunt Double rules!”

Bob: “Huh? What’s that?”

David: “Here’s how it works: Each side will draft two armies using only Unique Heroes. Each figure in the first army is assigned a slot: Slot 1, Slot 2, etc. The second army may not have more figures than the first army. The second army’s figures are secretly and randomly assigned to one of the first army’s slots. I have a method of doing this.

“Figures in the first army are placed in their start zones, and the battle will commence. Once a figure is destroyed, that figure may not return to the game using any special powers. So Resurrection abilities don’t apply in this game. Instead, that figure is immediately replaced with the figure from the second army that was selected for that slot, if any. Any start of game abilities for that figure apply. The figure is placed in the space where the previous figure was destroyed, unless it has an ability where it begins the game off map. Once that ‘stunt double’ figure is put into play, any order markers on that slot will transfer to the new figure, and play will resume as normal. Play continues in this manner until figures from both armies are destroyed.”

Bob: “Wow! Sounds complicated.”

David: “No worries, Bob. I think this will make more sense once you see this in action. What do you say we introduce the draft picks?”

Bob: “Excellent! Let’s begin with Team A. In the lineup for the first army, units are as follows: Beast, Angel, Cyclops, Iceman, and Jean Grey in Slots 1-5 respectively for 730 points. In the second army, we have Blade, Bishop, Black Widow, and Karma for 560 points. Total for both armies: 1290.”

David: “Team B’s first army consists of the following: Riddler, Two-Face, Firefly, Joker (170 point version), Scarecrow, and Harley Quinn in Slots 1-6 respectively for 770 points. In the second army, we have Catwoman, Clayface, and Colossus for 520 points. That’s also a total of 1290 points.

“And don’t forget: the second army’s figures are randomly assigned to one of the slots for the first army, and will enter the game when that slot’s figure is destroyed.”

Bob: “And this battle will be brought to you by the good folks at Burt’s Beer. Burt’s Beer: the beer you wish you could replace with a better beer.”

David: “The battle will take place on the Battlefield of Valhalla called Badru Valley. We’ll begin the battle sometime this weekend, so stay tuned!”

To be continued…