Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Units (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Book of Minions of Utgar (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8693)

NecroBlade May 31st, 2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
But once again this is Heroscape making sure no 1 unit is better than all the others.

Except Q9.

MattserTruckRally June 1st, 2007 03:21 PM

Marden Hounds aren't to shabby against the Minions either. With their fast move they're likely to engage them first and have a chance to hit them with their plague or just get lucky with an attack roll. In addition their 5 defense can help them survive a little longer.

GaryLASQ June 1st, 2007 04:18 PM

what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.

Hex_Enduction_Hour June 1st, 2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
what's all this talk about Q9 taking out Minions. when faced with Q9 i usually get 2 squads of Minions to take him out. (1 squad is probably enough but i rarely draft 1 of any common, ever)

unless it's an absolutely flat battlefield, flying will get them to him. 6 defense dice will keep them alive (except for the lowly Zettians, 6 is the highest squad defense without special defensive power). and if they get a +1 attack from something (usually height) then it's all over for Q9. i know this from experience.

Gary, I cringe.
Truly.

Only because I took FOUR FRICKIN' SQUADS of Minions against Q9 defending a castle - and lost every single one of them to his ironclad butt.

:evil:

GaryLASQ June 1st, 2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryLASQ

Gary, I cringe.
Truly.

Only because I took FOUR FRICKIN' SQUADS of Minions against Q9 defending a castle - and lost every single one of them to his ironclad butt.

:evil:

eek. different experiences i guess.

twice i've done a good old 3 for 3 skulls on a perfectly healthy Q9 who rolled 2 for 7 defense. no more Q9. (granted 6 hits kills most things.)

but with Q9 in a castle...was he getting extreme height advantage on anything?

i have lost a mess of Einar Imperium to Q9 even with Kiova backing them up. but that was because Raelin was backing Q9. i tried getting Raelin out of the picture first but Q9 wouldn't let me.

i've had Minions on the receiving end of Braxas. that was unpleasant. 2 squads of Minions disappeared in a hurry.

Cleon June 1st, 2007 05:11 PM

I always thought that utgar's orders was a useless ability because it's instead of taking a turn instead of before taking a turn until I used them with Taelord. It's pretty useful when you need to move Taelord in a certain position for the attack aura or to run away/hide.

Fezzikthedoor July 16th, 2007 12:39 PM

I really, really hate these guys. When I first got the game, my buddy Tom would consistantly hand my head to me with the Minions. Even 4 waves later, I still have an irrational fear of them and will either run my units away, screaming, or focus an unneccessary amount of firepower on them.

Uprising July 16th, 2007 12:59 PM

Next to the Marrden Hounds, they are probably the most feared squad in our house. I've never, ever had a bad game with the Minions no matter what kind of army I was facing.

Bach July 16th, 2007 01:14 PM

Not exactly "pointwise", but I've taken out the minions in a single turn with none other than the beloved Einar Imperium. With a possible six attacks all together, the minions are bound to roll some blanks. Unfortunately the imperium is doomed if you don't kill ALL of the minions in "one fell swoop".

cosmosis July 25th, 2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai-Pan
What I'm looking for is a good way to kill these guys. People have said Q9, but the minions usually survive the three attack dice in the special attack, or they move in too fast for the normal attack. The guys that I've had the most luck with are Kaemon Awa and Deadeye Dan, usually accompanied by Theracus. Just wondering if anyone else knows a good way to kill Hell's Angels with a relative number of points.

Crixus (with maybe Thogrim/Raelin help) should be able to let the Minions swarm and take them down without taking too mcuh of a scratch...

I recently had a 2x Minions + Taelord vs Gladiators battle

and Crixus was the big killer of my Minions (though I still won cuz I also had Krug and the other team had Kaemon and Tagawa Archers, who the Minions killed off first)

DingoDarkly July 25th, 2007 05:34 PM

Unfortunately like every other figure these guys still have their weaknesses; Stare of stone, Poison Breath, Ullar Enhanced Rifle are some of the few abilities that can take the minions down quickly!
But i still say that the Minions are a great force - if only they have an 5 or 6 move instead of 4!

Mystyc July 26th, 2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmosis
Crixus (with maybe Thogrim/Raelin help) should be able to let the Minions swarm and take them down without taking too mcuh of a scratch...

Also Me-Burq-Sa. He has the movement to stay out of range until he hits that Paralyzing Stare, and his great climbing means the flight shouldn't even be that much of an issue.