Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Official Rules & FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Complete List of Card Changes?? (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=10826)

will_rachelle August 9th, 2007 06:40 PM

The Complete List of Card Changes??

Hi
Been reading near all the FAQ and lots and lots of other posts all over this site. I have searched on this subject and found nothing so i think i have covered all bases and am not repeating a post. Assume i understand all the rules, and know to read the card exactly as it appears on the card, special attack can have no bonus, LOS, adjacency etc etc etc, and disreguarding certain rulebook interpretation threads i would like to clarify all the known card "errors" or changes. I would like a quick refenerce to these actual card changes. thank you in adavnce

1 Taelord actually has Stealth Flying disengage
2 Deathreavers scatter is from a normal attack from an opponant
3 Mimring LOS is also from the tip of either long horn
4 Sentinels of Jandar are MEDIUM 6
5 ?

scorpiusx August 9th, 2007 06:46 PM

While this is interesting, there is another thread just like this somewhere. Sorry, but you are late.

will_rachelle August 9th, 2007 06:47 PM

i cant find it and i tried lots of looking before i posted this

jcb231 August 9th, 2007 09:44 PM

The only actual errata so far are the Sentinels (height of 6, not 5) the Deathreavers (can't scatter from a friendly attack) and Taelord (has Stealth Flying). I think those are the only actual misprinted cards (not counting grammatical and spelling mistakes that do not impact gameplay).

The Mimring thing is more of a nitpicky FAQ issue and I don't think it would be considered an errata....I don't think the card is meant to be printed with the green spots on his horns, I think they were just using that as an example of how you could caculate his LOS for the special attack. Perhaps someone else could elaborate on that one though.

STAROCEAN980 August 9th, 2007 09:54 PM

When I first started heroscape I noticed that on the rotv masterset box Mimring's special attack is called Doom Line, and there are star marks by his move number. The Tarns beserker charge is also called viking charge. I know it's nat exactly errata but it was strange.

P.S. I think Doom Line sounds cooler than Fire Line. :D

STAROCEAN980 August 9th, 2007 09:56 PM

Oh, I forgot about the fact that all Mimring cards don't have his tail in the hit zone picture.

Homba August 10th, 2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb231
The only actual errata so far are the Sentinels (height of 6, not 5) the Deathreavers (can't scatter from a friendly attack) and Taelord (has Stealth Flying). I think those are the only actual misprinted cards (not counting grammatical and spelling mistakes that do not impact gameplay).

The Mimring thing is more of a nitpicky FAQ issue and I don't think it would be considered an errata....I don't think the card is meant to be printed with the green spots on his horns, I think they were just using that as an example of how you could caculate his LOS for the special attack. Perhaps someone else could elaborate on that one though.

I think you're right, jcb. Once beyond the actual misprints on cards, you move into FAQ territory. So go look at the FAQ, ours and Hasbro's and our Questions to Hasbro thread.

Taeblewalker August 10th, 2007 03:37 AM

The Templar Cavalry card has the Einar symbol.

Also, since Phantom Walk came out on some cards, Carr's Ghost Walk + Disengage could be condensed into Phantom Walk, which has the combined wording of both of those powers.

I think they came out with Phantom Walk just to save space on the card. In retrospect, Ghost Walk sounds cooler. It would be nice if they got rid of the Phantom Walk name, and used Ghost Walk to cover "moving through enemy figures" plus "disengage." This way, they could remove Disengage from Carr's card, keep the Ghost Walk name (which sounds cooler), and use Ghost Walk on the Ninjas (which would be the same combined ability as Phantom Walk). Did that make sense? :?

Ted August 10th, 2007 08:33 AM

I agree ghost walk sounds cooler.

SoulfulKillingMachine August 10th, 2007 10:06 AM

That would make a lot of sense. I certainly can't see why Ghost walk would be useful without Disengage.

ollie August 10th, 2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulfulKillingMachine
I certainly can't see why Ghost walk would be useful without Disengage.

It might let you get a height advantage over an adjacent opponent that you otherwise couldn't. Or you might be willing to take the leaving hit in order to get to a unit behind a line of enemy troops.

I agree that combining them and calling it ghost walk would be neat though.

Revdyer August 10th, 2007 11:38 AM

Previous Thread: Errata?