Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   National Heroscape Day (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   North Carolina, Triangle NHSD (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=21169)

Granite-M September 4th, 2008 11:02 AM

North Carolina, Triangle NHSD

Opening discussion for a Triangle area NHSD event. Post what you'd like to see, and don't be shy. Remember: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

Date / Time: Saturday, October 18th, starting at 11:00 AM
Location: Amazing Tales comic book store off of Avent Ferry in Raleigh.
Format: 4(ish) rounds of Swiss-style play. Scoring and seeding to be based on a (gently modified) Simple PNP Tourney System pattern, with winners ordered by Win/Loss, SoS, and Losing Points, in that order.
Tournament score card available, here. Note that there are two cards per sheet. Plan on writing out your army on the back of your card.
Armies: 540 points, pre-made.

Maps:
-Ice Blossom (brought by Granite-M)
-Embattled Fen (brought by Granite-M)

Nominated, but not yet claimed. If you can / want to bring one of these, please volunteer!
-Flash Fire
-Stroll Through the Park
-Swamp Thing
-Road Rampage
-The Broken Skyline
-Badru Valley
-Ticalla Sunrise
-Fire Isles

Entry Fee: $8

We'll also be running a Taelord's Coliseum game after the standard tournament-- Griffin is in charge of that.

Commence spitballing!

Confirmed Attendees:

-Granite-M
-Griffin
-Hogg
-Boozehammer
-DarkbladeCB
-Bunjee
-Elstree
-Shef
-Magnum Mike (+ guests?)
-NC_Hero

Granite-M September 4th, 2008 11:03 AM

Re: North Carolina, Triangle NHSD

Rankings!

Congratulations to our top three: Griffin, Elstree, and Altron_ZERO! Well played, gentlemen, well played!

Our full ranking list is as follows:

Name----------Wins/Losses---Losing Points---Strength of Score
Griffin---------------3/1----------510---------------7
Elstree---------------3/1----------440------------- 10
Altron_ZERO----------3/1----------293--------------9
Granite-M------------3/1----------251.2------------10
NC_Hero--------------3/1----------197--------------8
DarkBladeCB----------3/1----------123.3-------------5
Hogg-----------------2/2----------600--------------12
Shef------------------2/2----------302--------------7
Bunjee---------------1/3----------988.3-------------9
Alex C.---------------1/3---------- 612--------------7
MagnumMike----------1/3----------548---------------9
Brandon---------------0/4----------646--------------7

Scoreboard:
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...oreboard_2.gif
Note: RED = match winner, Mag.Mike = MagnumMike, DBCB = DarkBladeCB, and Altron_Z = Altron_ZERO

In addition, we also ran a Taelord's Coliseum game after the main tournament, and Mr. Alex C. was the winner of that game. Again, well played, sir!

======================================================

Combined Win / Loss and Strength of Score Records from this and the last tournament (unfortunately, we do not have losing points from the last tournament):

Name-------Win / Loss---Losing Points---SoS
Griffin----------5/3----------510---------11
DarkBladeCB----5/3----------123.3-------14
Altron_ZERO----5/2----------293---------16
Granite-M------5/2----------251.2-------16
J-Unit94 -------4/0--------- ( ? )---------9
Elstree---------3/1----------440---------10
EagleOne -------3/1---------( ? )---------9
NC_Hero--------3/1----------197---------8
Hogg-----------2/2----------600---------12
Boozehammer---2/2----------( ? )--------11
Shef------------2/2----------302---------7
obsidianGuard---2/2----------( ? )---------6
Bunjee----------1/3----------988.3--------9
Alex C.----------1/3---------- 612---------7
MagnumMike-----1/3----------548---------9
Wargamer56-----1/2----------( ? )---------9
JoutnFAN77 -----0/4----------( ? )---------8
Brandon----------0/4----------646---------7

Red = Went to the first tourney only, Blue = Went to second tourney only, Purple = Went to both tournaments.

Granite-M September 4th, 2008 11:14 AM

Just to get the ball rolling, one idea I thought might be cool is to get one gigantic map set up, something that could fill a goodly portion of the store, and then run an epic battle the likes of which none of us has ever seen. Basically the Battle of the Bulge, but on tables.

Hogg September 4th, 2008 03:18 PM

I'm in favor of another regular tournament, but I'd be happy just to be playing at all.

How many times am I going to have to + Rep you before you get another card, Granite?

Griffin September 4th, 2008 04:06 PM

I would like to do a Tournament. Then again a giant epic battle sounds great too. Still, the tournament would allow us to reevaluate ourselves, and compare our progress to our performance from the last tournament. And it would give a few people who missed the last one a chance to make it to this one.

Maybe Granite's little green rep cards will go up when he decides to actually gives rep once in a while... to me. I have reped and reped and reped until my fingers were numb, maybe he only reps up and not down. Then again I can see my rep is as big as his, and that's not saying much. :lol:

Rep In Peace Granite

Mythic September 4th, 2008 06:17 PM

I would love to see a side game of Marvel. :oops:

Altron_ZERO September 4th, 2008 08:50 PM

I like granite's idea, i can bring my terrain and we could combine Granite's and mine and put all the tables together, One giant map with everything on it.

Im up to make either the one big map, or several small ones (like last time) into a tournament, but im also up for just playin and havin fun. maybe bring a movie or 2 in, bring food and anything else people can think of and just make it a fun "hang around" and celebrate heroscape, we can even make special party hats:p, (just kidding)

JoutnFAN77 September 4th, 2008 10:19 PM

*sighs* I'm sorry All I can't come. I have a band competion. PATRIOTS' PRIDE!!!!!!!
And I don't think I can make it. Sorry all...

Granite-M September 5th, 2008 02:30 PM

One reason I was thinking the giant map idea would be fun is to give us a chance to try out some crazy big armies, possibly mixing Marvel in, on monstrous terrain. We could potentially set up some side tables for people that want to run more traditional tournament-rules games. I figure, it being NHSD and all, that it would be cool to flex HS's muscles and show some people just how awe-inspiringly huge this game can get when you let it.

DarkBladeCB September 5th, 2008 02:45 PM

I'd prefer a tournament myself, but I definitely can see where having a large display map to show off and try and bring in new people--it IS NHSD--could be potentially very cool.

And I have no obligations the 18th, so I will be there.

J-Unit94 September 5th, 2008 03:46 PM

We should have a normal tournament. That would be best.

Griffin September 6th, 2008 12:02 AM

Spoken like a real champion.