Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape News (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Heroscape: The Lost Scenarios! (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=34702)

theGuru February 9th, 2011 06:28 PM

Heroscape: The Lost Scenarios!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1656

Scenario 1: Song of the Pillars

Scenario 2: Obsidian Attack at Steam Alley

Scenario 3: Utgar's Invasion at Feldspar Pass

Scenario 4: Chaos in the Catacombs

Dungeon Adventure 2: River of Blood

Dungeon Adventure 3: Shadow Cavern

lefton4ya February 9th, 2011 06:55 PM

Re: Unreleased Scenario Update

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGuru (Post 1336443)

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGuru
We have quite a few scenarios to release, and once I start putting the files together, I'll probably get into a weekly release schedule to keep from dumping them all at once, and to have some fun for old times sake.

Since you guys know how much I love teasing releases, here is some early info on the scenarios:
  1. River of Blood: This is already released, but will be updated with the room images.
  2. Shadow Cavern: This is a new 4 room, 5 scenario Dungeon Adventure that takes place after the River of Blood and focuses on Valkrill's rise. Can your group of adventurers navigate the Cavern and get out alive?
  3. The Catacombs: It's finally coming! A race to grab the most treasure while others hunt for prey.
  4. Song of the Pillars: The Song of the Pillars is a 2-3 player scenario that is run on the new Aveniul's Threshold Battlefield. Aveniul's Threshold uses ROTV, SOTM and 2 Ticalla Jungle sets.
  5. Obsidian Attack at Steam Alley: Steam Alley is a SOTM/Volcarren Wasteland/Ticalla Jungle battlefield. The scenario is a 2 player, 5 round fight to the death!
  6. Utgar's Invasion at Feldspar Pass: This is a 2 player scenario that is played on the Feldspar Pass battlefield, which is a ROTV\SOTM\Ticalla Jungle Set battlefield. This scenario also requires the Warriors of Feldspar pack from Valkirll's Gambit (collection 10)

lefton4ya February 9th, 2011 07:00 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to play. Quick question - do any of the rooms/maps meet BoV requirements? I see they all meet terrain requirements, but are any relatively symmetrical and have (or could easily have) a 24 space starting zone. I ask of course because I would like to see some new "official maps" in tournaments.

Also, any chance this can be updated with new battlefields on map and in legend?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...__original.jpg

Oliver Upshaw February 9th, 2011 07:12 PM

Is Song of the Pillars the scenario that Jexik would have been talking about when he said that there was a scenario coming out with good multi-player rules?

theGuru February 9th, 2011 07:12 PM

1. I believe Feldspar pass may be the only map that meets BOV requirements, but i'm not sure exactly what those are. It's the only one that is very close to being symmetrical.

2. There is no way to update the map. I'm sorry.

Scapemage February 9th, 2011 07:13 PM

Great stuff!

theGuru February 9th, 2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw (Post 1336507)
Is Song of the Pillars the scenario that Jexik would have been talking about when he said that there was a scenario coming out with good multi-player rules?

I don't think so. He was probably talking about the Shadow Cavern, which has a really brilliant Multi-player VS 1 "DM" player rule set designed by Grungebob.

nate the dawg February 9th, 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theGuru (Post 1336511)
...Shadow Cavern, which has a really brilliant Multi-player VS 1 "DM" player rule set designed by Grungebob.

Can't wait to see the 'Adventuring Party' rules (I'm curious to see if the real deal is anywhere near the 4v1 dungeon crawl rules set I've been using)!

Thanks, theGuru et al, for hammering out a few more nuggets of joy for all of us!

Majora's Incarnation February 9th, 2011 08:43 PM

Shadow Cavern is something I am looking forward to, a way to expand the official character of Valkrill as a general, not a philosopher madman like in my novel.

Song of the Pillars might expand the jungle story more.

The lava map, Steam Alley must have been a reason for the sheer increase in the Lava Resistant characters.

Feldspar Pass is going to be a backstory goodie. Finally giving some plot flavor on the repaints.

As for the map, all we need is Guru's knowledge of the determined locations and a good photoshop hand, and we have ourselves an updated map! Anybody want to work on the Valhallan Underdark? :D This is great stuff and I really look forward to using this in my fan fic series. (An Underdark map could have the faded picture of the original map, and then drawn passages starting from Kinsland's Blackscar all the way to the Shadow Cavern. We would also add the passages of Ancient Sanctum, River of Blood and Othkurik's Throne.)

iceman3317 February 10th, 2011 11:13 PM

I can't wait. My printer will beg for mercy when I am done printing all of them.

oni February 10th, 2011 11:16 PM

I <3 Guru

gorthan313 February 10th, 2011 11:28 PM

Awesomesauce. Can't wait to try it all out!