Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   davidlhsl's Battles (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=32025)

davidlhsl September 24th, 2010 09:51 PM

Re: davidlhsl's Battle Stories - New Story begins pg 10

Joker continued.

"So the battle begins. First, let's call the team with the chickens The Chickens. We'll call the other team The Undecideds. Got it?

"The Chickens get the initiative in Round 1. Hawkgirl goes first. I'll start using their real names so I don't get them confused. Or you. Or us. Or we. Wow, I'm confused already! Hawkgirl flaps her wings, moves forward, and starts singing 'Free Bird.'

"Hulk goes next. He jumps waaaay high with Super Leap and reaches the top of the mound where the bridge is going to sit. If they dropped the bridge at that moment, I don't think that hard-head would notice.

"Now it's Green Arrow's turn. He moves to keep distance with Hulk and shoots. One skull. Hulk swats it with 3 shields. Green Arrow shoots again. Two skulls. Hulk yawns with three shields and dies right on the spot from boredom.

"Iron Man flies forward. Too far away. Green Arrow is next. He moves around and tries his shot at Iron Man. First arrow gets two skulls. No shield for Iron Man, so two wounds for him and no soup for you! Second arrow has only one skull. Two shields block.

"Iron Man flies to height, even though his Repulsor Blast doesn't get the bonus. First blast with one skull. Two shields for Green Arrow. Second blast: one skull. Two shields and deja vu all over again. End of Round 1. Let's check in with Thor and see if he's off the toilet. Rolled a 10, so Thor sits and wonders where he'll find toilet paper. Iron Man has two wounds."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 06:09 AM

Joker continues.

"Time for Round 2. Undecideds get initiative. Iron Man goes first. He stays in position and attacks Green Arrow again with his Repulsor Blast. Two skulls against no shields. Second attack: Two skulls against three shields. Total of two wounds to Green Arrow, with three life to go.

"Green Arrow goes next. True to his Chicken calling, he pulls back to Range 8 and fires off a couple of arrows against Iron Man. First arrow gets two skulls against two shields. Fires again: no skulls.

"Hulk goes next. He climbs down to punch Hawkgirl's lights out. Three skulls against no shields and three skulls scores three wounds, with two left. No knockback.

"Hawkgirl goes next. She climbs around Hulk to gain height and attacks. Four skulls against four shields. Nothing.

"Hulk's turn. Hulk climbs up to gain height on Hawkgirl and attacks. Three skulls against two shields and two skulls. One wound and one knockback space. Only one more hit will kill Hawkgirl.

"Hawkgirl takes the last turn. She swoops to height and attacks Hulk. Six skulls against three shields scores the first three hits on Hulk. She continues her swoop to the top of the mound.

"With a roll of 11, Thor decides he wants to play. End of Round 2. Iron Man has two wounds, Hulk has three, Green Arrow has two, and Hawkgirl has four."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 07:11 AM

"Now it's Round 3. The Chickens take a big risk by putting an Order Marker 1 on Hawkgirl. Too bad they don't get initiative, so Hulk goes. However, Hawkgirl is positioned where Hulk will have to use his Super Leap to reach her, which he does. He positions himself where if he can't knock her out the normal way, knockback might throw her off height with possible falling damage.

"So Hulk swings with three fewer dice and gets two skulls against no shields and one skull, sending Hawkgirl to that Great KFC in the Sky. Ladies, Hawkman is now available.

"So The Chickens lose their first turn, since Hawkgirl didn't get to Shake 'n Bake. Hulk Super Leaps over to Green Arrow. Since Hawkman is behind Green Arrow, Hulk hopes to knockback a 2-for-1 sale. Three skulls against no shields and three skulls kisses Green Arrow good night.

"Guess who had the #2 Order Marker? That's right, no action for The Chickens. Iron Man goes next. He flies down, but does not swoop, because he's Iron Man. He fires a Repulsor Blast on Hawkman and gets two skulls against three shields. Second attack against Hawkman gets three skulls against four shields. Thanks for playing!

"The Chickens finally get to fight! Hawkman swoops over to Iron Man and attacks, getting two skulls against two shields. Hawkman swoops out of the way.

"So it's the end of Round 3. Iron Man has two wounds, Hulk has three, Hawkgirl is dead, and Green Arrow is dead."

To be continued...

Sherman Davies September 25th, 2010 09:02 AM

Ouch, losing two turns in a round is never a good sign. Poor Chickens.

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:16 AM

"Now it's Round 4. The Chickens don't look too good. I guess you could say their goose was cooked.

"The Undecideds go first, and Iron Man takes the first turn. He flies up to the top of the mound, and he decides to hit with his normal attack to take advantage of height. Three skulls hit four shields and one skull, knocking Hawkman back two spaces.

"Hawkman goes next. He swoops up to Iron Man. Four skulls against two shields finishes off Iron Man. Kids, don't forget to recycle. A friendly Public Service Announcement from your good friend, The Joker.

"Hulk goes next, and moves to attack Spiderman. Four skulls, but Spiderman gets to check for Spidey-Sense. Spidey rolls a six, so must defend. Three shields and two skulls get one wound and knocked back two spaces.

"Hawkman flies down, but is too far away. Hulk moves up to Spiderman for another attack. Six skulls. Spidey-Sense rolls 1. Spidey rolls six shields, so he gets knocked way back into the water at the edge of the map.

"Spiderman takes a turn. He climbs out of the water, but doesn't engage Hulk. He fires his first Web attack on Hulk. One skull against five shields scores one web marker. Spiderman flings another web booger. One skull against two shields gets a second web marker. End of Round 4.

"Iron Man is dead, Hulk has three wounds and two web markers, Hawkgirl is dead, Green Arrow is dead, and Spiderman has one wound."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:16 AM

"Are you awake?"

Batman nodded.

"Just checking. It's now Round 5. The Undecideds go first once again, and Hulk has two sticky web markers, knocking his move to four. Hulk wants to hit Hawkman, but doesn't want to Super Leap. So Spiderman gets the attack. Three skulls. Spidey-Sense rolls 17 and finally goes into action. Hulks turn ends, releasing him from the web, and Spidey gets to immediately take a turn.

"Spiderman decides to use his Swing Line away from Hulk and shoots his web attack at Hulk. Two skulls against one shield gets Hulk's fourth wound and a web marker. Now Hulk is really angry. The Ultimate Avengers hand Hulk a W-2 form and send him on his way. Spiderman flings another web. Two skulls against four shields. Second web marker.

"Hawkman takes a turn. Hawkman swoops to Hulk and attacks. Four skulls against five shields. Hawkman swoops away.

"Hulk has the next turn, and he is really angry. Since Spiderman and Hawkman are both four spaces away, Hulk doesn't need to roll Blind Rage. But he will anyway, because it's fun! He rolls a six, so he's in a Blind Rage. Big deal.

"Hulk has two web markers, but he can easily reach Hawkman. Hulk attacks with two extra dice. Four skulls against three shields and two skulls scores one wound and knocks him back two spaces. Hulk gets out of the web.

"Spiderman goes next. Spiderman debates whether to continue his Swing Line to height, or whether to attack with his fists. He finally decides to head to higher ground and fling his web attack. First web scores one skull against three shields. One web marker. Second web attack gets three skulls against one shield. Two wounds for a total of six, and a second web marker.

"Thor has the third order marker. All he can do is fly ahead six spaces and hope Hulk has already defeated the others so Thor can fly in and take all the credit.

"Hawkman swoops on Hulk and attacks. Five skulls against two shields delivers the fatal blow on the Hulk, and Hawkman swoops away so the vultures can swoop in.

"Since there are only three folks left, I'll just tell you that Spiderman and Hawkman have one wound apiece. End of Round 5."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:18 AM

"Round 6. Now Thor has to actually lift his hammer and do some work. Chickens finally get initiative, so Spiderman moves to the edge of the mound and flings webs at Thor. First web gets two skulls against two shields. One web marker. Second web gets two skulls against four shields. Second web marker.

"Thor is sticky in the web, but can still fly to the top and attack Spiderman. Five skulls. Spidey-Sense rolls 6, so Spiderman defends with two shields and one skull for three wounds and knocked back four spaces. Spiderman has one life left.

"Spiderman picks himself up and Swing Lines back up. He attacks Thor with a normal attack. Three skulls against one shield and five skulls for two wounds.

"Thor goes next and decides to attack both Spiderman and Hawkman with his... his... well, how do you pronounce that anyway? Let's just say he shoots lightning out of his butt and call it a day. Two skulls. I believe the attacker determines the order defenders roll. That's what we'll do here. However, since Spiderman was also attacked, he immediately checks his Spidey-Sense and rolls 9.

"So Thor makes Hawkman roll first. No skulls, so two wounds added to the one he already has. Now Spiderman rolls and gets two shields. He lives to fight another day.

"Hawkman swoops up and attacks Thor. Five skulls against two skulls scores three wounds for a total of five. Thor has one life left.

"Thor attacks with his... with his... butt bomb and rolls four skulls. Spidey-Sense rolls 8. Spiderman rolls one shield, so he gets squashed. Hawkman rolls two shields so takes two wounds. Both Hawkman and Thor are down to their last life at the end of Round 6."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:25 AM

"Round 7. Initiative will probably decide this. The Undecideds go first! Thor moves around and hits with a normal attack. Four skulls against two shields and two skulls finishes the battle.

"Great battle, huh?"

Batman stood up, picked up the photo, turned around, and walked away. As Batman was leaving, Joker thought he heard Batman say, "Thank you."

Batman entered the room where Commissioner Gordon was waiting. "Batman, Joker was lying out of his teeth. Why did you let him keep talking?"

Batman first turned to one of the officers sitting at a computer monitor. "I need to see the stat cards on all the figures that were in Joker's battle report." Batman turned to Commissioner Gordon and said, "Because we're not dealing with the Joker. We're dealing with the Riddler."

"The Riddler? Are you sure?"

Batman took the stat cards the officer handed him and began scanning them. He pulled out Hawkgirl's card, studied it for a moment, then showed it to Commissioner Gordon. "The Joker isn't one for leaving clues." Batman held up the photograph next to Hawkgirl's card. "Take a look at the drill the thug is holding to the girls head. It's says ddril on the side. So if the thug is a ddriler instead of a driller, what do you get if you swap the letters around? Riddler. But that was a long shot, so I had to speak to Joker directly to get his reaction.

"When the Joker began lying about the woman in the photo, I knew I was on the right track. There had to be some clues in what he was telling me. Sarah Hoyle is an anagram of Shayera Hol. Franz Rey isn't a perfect anagram, but it does take letters from Warrior Frenzy. Hawkgirl carries a mace, which sounds like Macy's. Joker said she was 17. 'Aerial Maneuverability 17.' There were five cans of Red Bull. Five life, and Red Bull gives you wings. Hawkgirl has wings."

"So where does that lead us?"

"Well, let's try some of these other stats. Her point value is 240, and her other stats are 5-1-7-4. See if 240-5174 is a phone number."

The officer at the computer monitor began typing immediately. "It's a disconnected number, but it was an old number for Macy's department store that was in that abandoned mall."

"Hawkin's Mall!" Commissioner Gordon exclaimed.

"I believe you'll find her there safe and sound. The Riddler may be using her to divert my attention. Just in case, take along the stat cards for Hulk. He was the figure that killed Hawkgirl in the battle. The numbers on the card may be clues to a combination, or some other item. I'm going to meet with Robin and head for that bridge on Fast Lane.

"When you get to Hawkin's Mall, be sure to contact me immediately if anything looks suspicious. Robin and I can always meet with you if there is trouble. But if I'm right and Riddler is at the bridge, I'll be a step ahead of him by heading there directly."

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:28 AM

Editor's Note

Last report of the day, as I need to set up the battle and do some practice runs. It will still take place on the modified Fast Lane map, but the bridge will be placed on it. Figures in the battle will be taken from a variety of sources.

Team A: Batman (Matt Helm's), Robin (Matt Helm's), Alfred Pennyworth (C3G's)

Team B: Riddler (C3G's), Poison Ivy (Sherman Davies')

During my practice runs, Hulk's team always wiped out Spiderman's team. Two of the battles, this being one, were really close. I normally have better luck with Spidey-Sense than I had with this battle.

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 05:25 PM

Special Scenario Rules

(1) Riddler and Poison Ivy begin the game on the bridge. Each is standing on a Bomb Glyph.

(2) Each Bomb Glyph is activated once Riddler or Poison Ivy moves off them.

(3) Every time an Order Marker is revealed, roll a 20 sided die for each activated Bomb Glyph. This check is always made, even if Team A tries to manually deactivate the Bomb Glyph.

If you roll a 1, the bomb explodes with full force and destroys the bridge. Team B wins.

If you roll a 2-3, the bomb explodes with less force. It does minor damage to the bridge and 2 wounds to all figures within 3 spaces of the Bomb Glyph. Remove the Bomb Glyph.

If you roll an X or higher, the bomb is deactivated. Remove the Bomb Glyph and place it on Batman's card. X = 20 minus the number of defuse tokens on the glyph.

Any other result is no effect.

(4) Team A's figures may try to manually deactivate the Bomb Glyphs. To manually deactivate, the figure must end their movement on the glyph. After movement and instead of attacking, roll the 20 sided die.

If you roll a 1, the bomb explodes with full force and destroys the bridge. Team B wins.

If you roll a 2-3, the bomb explodes with less force. It does minor damage to the bridge and 2 wounds to all figures within 3 spaces of the Bomb Glyph. Remove the Bomb Glyph.

If you roll a Y or higher, the bomb is deactivated. Remove the Bomb Glyph and place it on Batman's card. Y = 17 minus the number of defuse tokens on the glyph.

Any other result, place a defuse token on the glyph.

(5) If Team B has only one remaining member and there are any Bomb Glyphs on the map, Team A may not attack, and Team B also does not receive any wounds from exploding Bomb Glyphs.

(6) Team B wins if (a) Team A is defeated or (b) any Bomb Glyph destroys the bridge. Team A wins if (a) both Bomb Glyphs are placed on Batman's card, or (b) both Bomb Glyphs are removed from the map without destroying the bridge and Team B is defeated.

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:30 PM

I actually had time today to practice and play the battle, so here you go!

As Batman drove to the bridge on Fast Lane, Robin studied the stat cards and transcript Batman handed him. Batman answered the incoming call.

"Commissioner Gordon here. I just wanted you to know that Hulk's card did contain the combination which freed Pamela Compton. She's badly shaken, but she hasn't been harmed."

Robin looked up from his reading. "Commissioner, wait. There's some music playing in the background. That's the Eagles' song 'Hotel California.'"

"Sorry, I'll turn it off. The CD was playing when we arrived."

"Wait," Batman said. "Robin, what round did Hawkgirl get killed?"

Robin looked through the transcript. "Round 3."

"Commissioner, check the third song on that CD."

After two minutes, Commissioner Gordon returned. "The third song on the CD is 'Life in the Fast Lane.'"

Batman slapped the steering wheel with the palm of his hand and exclaimed, "Riddler, I am one step ahead of you!"

To be continued...

davidlhsl September 25th, 2010 09:31 PM

The Riddler and Poison Ivy were at the top of the bridge when Batman, Robin, and Alfred arrived. "Batman!" Riddler called. "Shouldn't you be saving that woman?"

"I'm more interested in saving this Civic project that has cost the Gotham taxpayers a zillion dollars!" Batman answered. Then he turned to Alfred and asked, "Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"

"But of course!"

"Why are you proxied with a Goblin Cutter?" Robin asked.

"Because my cape's at the cleaners! Let's do battle!"

Batman's team wins initiative. Batman takes the first turn. He advances towards the bridge and sings, "Duh-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nu-nuh-BATMAN!" and moves ahead five spaces.

Riddler goes next. "Riddle me this: What walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but is not a duck? A professional duck impersonator!" Batman doesn't correctly pick the X Order Marker, so Riddler points to Robin's card and removes the 2 and 3 order markers from Robin's card. Batman's team has no more turns this round. Riddler steps off the Bomb Glyph, activating it, and moves back down the road.

Then Poison Ivy goes next. First, Bomb Glyph 1 rolls 13, so no effect. Poison Ivy moves off her Bomb Glyph in the opposite direction and adjacent to a tree. Finally, Riddler goes next. Bomb Glyph 1 rolls 4, and Bomb Glyph also rolls 4. No effect. Riddler stays put. End of Round 1. Batman doesn't know which bothers him more: losing two turns or being proxied by a Goblin Cutter.

Round 2.

Batman's team decides to spread their order markers more. Riddler's Team wins initiative, so Befuddled Tactics goes into effect, meaning Riddler can't be attacked.

Riddler goes first. Bomb Glyph 1 rolls 3, so explodes with minor damage and is removed. Bomb Glyph 2 rolls 7, so no effect. "Riddle me this: What's black and white and red all over? A zebra that swallowed a hand grenade!" Batman selects the X Order Marker, ending Riddler's turn immediately.

Batman goes next. Bomb Glyph 2 rolls 13, no effect. Batman advances close to the bridge so he can grapple in the next round (he has no other order markers).

Riddler's turn. Bomb Glyph 2 rolls 9, no effect. Riddler stays put.

Robin goes next. Red Robin... YUM! Bomb Glyph 2 rolls 20, which deactivates it. Glyph goes on Batman's card, but it's not enough to win the game. Both teams will have to slap each other silly to win the Price Is Right's Showcase Showdown. The Red, Red Robin goes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' along five spaces towards Poison Ivy.

Riddler is next. Since the bombs are gone, he moves back up the bridge using the three space road movement bonus.

Alfred goes next, despite being horribly overdressed for such an affair. He moves towards the road. End of Round Two.

To be continued...