Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C3G Books of Index (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=28457)

ErnieFrance4 July 23rd, 2010 03:45 AM

Re: C3G Books of Index

I really just want to thank everyone who has worked on this. I have made about 35 of the characters and it has brought new life into the game for me. Just this week i have introduced it to a group and i think we have played over 10 times. My only complaint is aft getting them into it with the superheros they will not play the regular characters. Oh well at least i am scaping again. Thanks again for all the hard work and with the release of wave three I may be making another order from troll and toad. WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!

Griffin July 23rd, 2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnieFrance4 (Post 1154207)
I really just want to thank everyone who has worked on this. I have made about 35 of the characters and it has brought new life into the game for me. Just this week i have introduced it to a group and i think we have played over 10 times. My only complaint is aft getting them into it with the superheros they will not play the regular characters. Oh well at least i am scaping again. Thanks again for all the hard work and with the release of wave three I may be making another order from troll and toad. WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!

Too right you are! Thanks for sharing your love and enjoyment of the project. I hope you keep it up and don't be a stranger. :D

GreyOwl July 23rd, 2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!

I doubt that. WotC would have to pay, literally, millions in licensing fees. I'm guessing that the Marvel set didn't sell well enough to offset those licensing fees, even if it were to do well by Heroscape standards. That's likely why they went with something they own the rights to, like D&D, so they don't have to pay licensing fees.

Griffin July 23rd, 2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyOwl (Post 1154235)
Quote:

WotC don't realize all the money they are missing out on!!

I doubt that. WotC would have to pay, literally, millions in licensing fees. I'm guessing that the Marvel set didn't sell well enough to offset those licensing fees, even if it were to do well by Heroscape standards. That's likely why they went with something they own the rights to, like D&D, so they don't have to pay licensing fees.

Likely yes, but I don't think that Hasbro (at the time) tried very hard to sell or promote Marvel Scape.

GreyOwl July 23rd, 2010 11:40 AM

True, but that could be due to financial reasons, too. Marketing is very expensive, and they may have only been able to afford a certain amount for it based on projected demand. The more they pay in licensing fees, the less money that have left to use for marketing and advertising.

IAmBatman July 23rd, 2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

If it makes you feel any better, it's hard to get me to play with the regular characters these days too. :-D

Scapemage July 23rd, 2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1154460)
Quote:

If it makes you feel any better, it's hard to get me to play with the regular characters these days too. :-D

:shock::passout: No wonder...

Suprisingly enough as it seems, I rarely play Superheroscape. I should start playing it a bit more. Maybe it's because I don't have map instructions for anything that uses Marvel... Also, I do notice that occasionaly, my firends who won't play regular Heroscape will play a game of Superheroscape with me. I guess it strikes the interest of people who are less into board games/rpg games and stuff like that.

IAmBatman July 23rd, 2010 01:56 PM

SuperHeroscape can be played on any Heroscape map. :-) You don't even need to include Marvel if you don't want to, and it certainly works on any map you can throw together yourself.

1Mmirg July 23rd, 2010 02:12 PM

Yeah, since introducing SuperScape to my kids, I have had very few non-Super games. They love this stuff! (And I do, too, though I do, every so often, force them to pull out Krug and my old favorites now and again :).)

And, like Bats says, any map is a good map. (And there are a ton of great maps in the first post of this thread, btw. Got Darkseid's arrival on the table right now and it is a solid map even without playing the scenario. Great stuff!)

IAmBatman July 23rd, 2010 02:59 PM

Darkseid's Arrival was, I believe, largely the brainchild of Cavalier (though other M3G and C3G members contributed with feedback and adjustments) and is an old favorite of mine as well! :-)

Griffin July 23rd, 2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1154533)
Darkseid's Arrival was, I believe, largely the brainchild of Cavalier (though other M3G and C3G members contributed with feedback and adjustments) and is an old favorite of mine as well! :-)

I thought the map was based on ET86's map. But as far as the scenario goes, that was my brain child (as with all of the scenarios except the one I am working on right now). :D

~ Griff, taking credit selfishly

IAmBatman July 23rd, 2010 08:33 PM

Pretty sure it was Cav's original design. But I could be wrong. :-)