Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   HeroScape General Discussion (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=40414)

Ghostship April 9th, 2012 11:57 AM

Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

http://www.youtube.com/user/MWarriorTactics

If this were a stand alone title, modding would be a serious option.

I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.

Chachi April 9th, 2012 12:05 PM

Re: Like Heroscape Video Game - MW Tactics

that looks REALLY cool

SuperSamyon April 9th, 2012 12:13 PM

Thanks for the link. That game looks great!

There have been so many Turn based strategy games that it really is a shame that Hasbro didn't go this route with Heroscape since there were plenty of examples to springboard from.

The way I was able to get a friend interested in Heroscape was to explain to him that it was very similar to games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, and Disgaea games.

I've even played games like the ones you linked and thinking back those would be a perfect example of how Heroscape could work in video game form.

This is probably for another thread, but Hasbro and WoTC never knew how to market a game like Heroscape. They relied on cheesy commercials to sell when a game like this should have been marketed like Pokemon, Transformers, or some other "gotta catch em all" game.

Yodaking April 9th, 2012 12:29 PM

Man that really is Heroscape on the computer. I know it will never happen but it would have been great to see Heroscape in that format.

Tornado April 9th, 2012 01:13 PM

Wow. That is the closest thing to real Battletech (the board game)I have seen since Titans of Steel and first official game since MechWarrior for the Amiga. That looks like it would port over to Heroscape easily. No surprise, I bought Heroscape because I thought I could use the maps for Battletech (I have never played BT since I bought HS). That games sounds incredible.

Hogg April 9th, 2012 01:48 PM

One of the big draws for me was the similarity between HS and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Auggest April 9th, 2012 01:54 PM

OK, that's cool. I may have to play!

boromir96 April 9th, 2012 02:13 PM

:jawdrop: Any one good at modding? :lol:

screwDriver April 9th, 2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostship (Post 1590196)
I can't believe that Hasbro, and WoTC don't jump all over these guys to inject their license, or license it in parallel.

Just curious... why should they?

Tornado April 9th, 2012 02:49 PM

Because it could be a real money maker. I had not thought of this before but they could easily sell the figures individually and virtually. They could have a system where you build up points through victories that allows you to buy new/more figures but of course you could spend real money for points. They could also make some units rare, like Raelin. Being able to win/lose units to/from other payers would also be cool.

Auggest April 9th, 2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado (Post 1590272)
Because it could be a real money maker. I had not thought of this before but they could easily sell the figures individually and virtually. They could have a system where you build up points through victories that allows you to buy new/more figures but of course you could spend real money for points. They could also make some units rare, like Raelin. Being able to win/lose units to/from other payers would also be cool.

Not to mention since it's browser based advertising.

Chachi April 9th, 2012 03:24 PM

That's funny..lol. My friends and I explain HS to others as Final Fantasy Tactics : The Board Game. :)