Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Maps & Scenarios (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   The Book of Cosmic Invasion Scenario (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=33144)

Griffin October 26th, 2010 02:24 AM

The Book of Cosmic Invasion Scenario

The Book of Cosmic Invasion Scenario

C3G MARVEL FANTASTIC FOUR MASTER SET
FANTASTIC FORCES UNITE

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • This Scenario is part of the Fantastic Forces Unite - Campaign
  • Required Sets: 1 Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set, 2 Fortress of the Archkyrie Expansion Sets, 1 Marvel: The Conflict Begins Master Set

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Griffin October 26th, 2010 02:26 AM

Re: The Book of Cosmic Invasion Scenario

Sorry for the poor pics, but my V-scape is having issues, so it will have to do for now. Also, I am sending out the map instructions to Gr3ny so that they can share it with all of us.

IAmBatman October 26th, 2010 11:58 PM

Player 1's goal needs slightly more cowbell (hey, only time I've had to say that, though - great writing throughout!). How about:

Player 1's Goal:
Safe the Earth from the invading Skrulls and their Arthurian ally.

IAmBatman October 27th, 2010 12:03 AM

We'll have to make sure that the theme of that adventurer/scientist in the Skrull army really being a Skrull is reflected somehow in the storyline.

IAmBatman November 16th, 2010 06:48 PM

I cash in my Mysterious Artifacts to bring Mr. Fantastic and Sub-Mariner to the game, and they, combined with She-Hulk, Iceman, Human Torch, and Dr. Doom (equipped with the Cosmic Control Rod) take on Superskrull, Skrull Warriors x3, Annihilus (without his Cosmic Control Rod), and Invisible Woman.
Is was a fun match, with Human Torch being taken out early by Annihilus as he pursed the CCR that Doom had dropped, Doom failing D20 rolls left and right and making little impact beyond some early CCR rounds to Annihilus, Annihilus killing Doom, Mr. Fantastic punching out Invisible Woman (eventually), all of the Skrull Warriors coming back at least once, Iceman also falling to Annihilus, but putting several wounds on him first, She-Hulk putting 5 wounds on Superskrull despite Invisible Woman's aura, Superskrull and Annihilus finishing off She-Hulk, Sub-Mariner finishing off 1 life Superskrull and 1 life Annihilus, taking the CCR, and starting to kill Skrull Warriors, only to have them kill him, and finally an end game with Mr. Fantastic versus about 5 Skrull Warriors.
Mr. Fantastic, thanks to a lucky Experimental Medicine roll healing 3 wounds instead of killing him, managed to finish off all the Skrull Warriors and win with 2 life left on Turn 2 of Round 8!
Close, fun, and awesome. This one gets a definite PASS from me!

whitestuff November 18th, 2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 1263697)
I cash in my Mysterious Artifacts to bring Mr. Fantastic and Sub-Mariner to the game, and they, combined with She-Hulk, Iceman, Human Torch, and Dr. Doom (equipped with the Cosmic Control Rod) take on Superskrull, Skrull Warriors x3, Annihilus (without his Cosmic Control Rod), and Invisible Woman.
Is was a fun match, with Human Torch being taken out early by Annihilus as he pursed the CCR that Doom had dropped, Doom failing D20 rolls left and right and making little impact beyond some early CCR rounds to Annihilus, Annihilus killing Doom, Mr. Fantastic punching out Invisible Woman (eventually), all of the Skrull Warriors coming back at least once, Iceman also falling to Annihilus, but putting several wounds on him first, She-Hulk putting 5 wounds on Superskrull despite Invisible Woman's aura, Superskrull and Annihilus finishing off She-Hulk, Sub-Mariner finishing off 1 life Superskrull and 1 life Annihilus, taking the CCR, and starting to kill Skrull Warriors, only to have them kill him, and finally an end game with Mr. Fantastic versus about 5 Skrull Warriors.
Mr. Fantastic, thanks to a lucky Experimental Medicine roll healing 3 wounds instead of killing him, managed to finish off all the Skrull Warriors and win with 2 life left on Turn 2 of Round 8!
Close, fun, and awesome. This one gets a definite PASS from me!

This reads like lots of fun. :D

IAmBatman November 18th, 2010 02:03 PM

It totally was. :-) The campaign takes some getting used to at first, but once you're rolling it's tons of fun. I recommend playing through it to anyone.

Hahma December 2nd, 2010 12:52 PM

How does a person interested in doing this last campaign playtest get the map build instructions?

Griffin December 2nd, 2010 12:57 PM

I will send it to ya Hahma, but are you sure you want to do this one? I told Bats I would run it next week, but he seemed to think it needed to be done sooner.

Hahma December 2nd, 2010 12:59 PM

He said you couldn't do it until after Christmas, so I figured I could get it done before that.

Edit: There aren't any other initial playtests ready, so I can take it on. I just need to tear down Castle Doom in order to built this one, but I won't get it done before the end of this weekend either way. I was just trying to familiarize the campaign and your notes and such.

Quote:

Mr Fantastic, Beast, She-Hulk, Swamp Thing, and Plastic Man are dead, and I have the Gift of Atlantis, x2 Mysterious Artifacts, Latverian Life Spell, Cosmic Control Rod, and the Experimental Medicine.

So by this and the rules for this scenario, you would be able to draft 4 Adventureres/Scientists along with Doom. You could cash in the Artifacts to bring back two of the dead Adv/Sci or bring one dead one back and bring Namor back. Is that right?

Griffin December 2nd, 2010 01:05 PM

Well if you can't get it done until the end of the weekend, and I am able to finish the campaign next week, I might as well finish it you know. I think Bats is just getting antsy/pushy, but I will get this thing done for sure.

Hahma December 2nd, 2010 01:07 PM

Yeah that's fine. I think he wanted it done so that it would be that much more for the art department to have for the rulebook to get going.