Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The Book of Red Skull (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=9710)

Firemaster July 8th, 2007 09:05 PM

The Book of Red Skull

The Book of Red Skull

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...D7E8EE68C3.jpg
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
Marvel:
  • TBA
Classic:
  • TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
Marvel:
  • MASTER MANIPULATOR : Who is affected
    All unique hero figures you control in clear line of sight of Red Skull are affected.
Classic:
  • MASTER MANIPULATOR : Who is affected
    All unique hero figures you control in clear line of sight of Red Skull are affected.

Unit Strategy Review

johnny139 July 8th, 2007 09:41 PM

One of my favorites so far. Stand back Dr. Doom, here's the real mastermind of this set!

dragonfire9788 July 8th, 2007 09:48 PM

(My :2cents: may change when I get the figure)

Red skull- If all you have left is unique heros he could be useful. Won't live long in marvelscape. May live long in heroscape. A-

jcb231 July 9th, 2007 12:15 PM

I love this figure. The manipulation power is just so perfect.

Elginb July 18th, 2007 03:17 PM

Here's something that didn't occur to me before I started using the Red Skull: if the heroes you use to work with him are HUGE, you don't have to worry about moving the Red Skull so much. I used him with Jotun in a game and he just sat safe and sound behind a wall while the Giant went around killing people behind a fairly tall hill. I figure the same principle could be used with Braxas or Nilfheim-- anybody who's difficult to completely obscure.

NecroBlade July 18th, 2007 03:18 PM

Shouldn't this be The Book of Red Skull?

rdhight July 19th, 2007 11:40 PM

So many great heroes to activate with this guy.

Sir Gilbert: Put all order markers on Red Skull, but if your Jandar squad figures aren't where they need to be, then activate Gilbert and fix the problem right away.

Iskra: Has this guy solved the problem of summoner order marker management?

Marcu: I guess he doesn't hate the Red Skull as much as Hawthorne does.

Isamu: Want to activate him on your 3 marker? No problem.

Aubrien support heroes: split markers between Red Skull and Aubriens. If they don't frenzy, you can go archers, archers, Red Skull. If they go roaring across the board, you can go archers, archers, Acolarh/Raelin.

Saylind/Kelda, if you're into that.

Krug/Hulk: manipulate other heroes until they hit the height of their threat, then exploit it while you can.

Valguard: manipulate a multi-attack hero to shoot away the figures engaged with Valguard, then activate him when he can move to a new target without taking a disengagement strike.

I see purposeful LOS blocking as a potentially frustrating counter against him-- land Nilf nearby to limit his options, things like that. Or use Jotun to throw his puppets to places he can't see.

IAmBatman July 19th, 2007 11:48 PM

Or, better yet, use Jotun to throw him places where he can't see his puppets. :twisted:

rdhight July 19th, 2007 11:52 PM

Like right next to Charos.

IAmBatman July 19th, 2007 11:54 PM

Or down a deep pit filled with hot lava death.

GreyOwl July 20th, 2007 06:57 PM

I'm assuming that when Master Manipulator says to take a turn "with any unique hero" it means just one, right? Normally the card specify "one unique hero" and this time it doesn't, but I'm assuming that's what they meant.

IAmBatman July 20th, 2007 07:07 PM

It means one. I could see how you could get another interpretation from the text, but that'd be insane if it meant all of them in his sight.