Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   Software (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Heroscape matchup calculator (10/2020 update) (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=138)

mathguy May 11th, 2006 12:35 PM

Heroscape matchup calculator (10/2020 update)

The Matchup calculator has moved to a new server.
Heroscape Matchup Calculator

Currently no new calculations can be calculated online because the program requires Mathematica; but all previously calculated results (26,000+ of them) may be accessed, so you can try your calculation and hope that it has been done before - I believe most matchups of official units have been done. If there are any urgent new matchups, you can always ask me and I can try running it on my personal home computer.

A wishful thinking goal is to rewrite the program in C++, but I just don't have the free time to do it. (It is also a highly nontrivial task.) It could be a fun project for some CS student, hint hint.

PREVIOUS COMMENTS:
Spoiler Alert!

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Heroscapers forum "projects":
Heroscape matchup calculator
rectangular C3V-SoV cards
rectangular HoSS cards
rectangular C3G cards (now retired)

K/H_Addict May 11th, 2006 12:49 PM

how do you figure in the experience counters?

netherspirit May 11th, 2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
how do you figure in the experience counters?

Down at the bottom...there are some drop down menus for attack and defense enhancements.

K/H_Addict May 11th, 2006 02:00 PM

and by that i would assume if i set the red (tagawa samurai) to plus 3, it would represent 3 experience markers?

netherspirit May 11th, 2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
and by that i would assume if i set the red (tagawa samurai) to plus 3, it would represent 3 experience markers?

Yep.

Kenntak May 11th, 2006 02:10 PM

Thanks again mathguy.

GaryLASQ May 11th, 2006 02:18 PM

very cool. i was just thinking about this app a few days ago when i put it in the Links page of my own site.

thanks for keeping it updated!

mathguy May 11th, 2006 08:45 PM

Whoops, the stable version wasn't very stable. I forgot to upload one file. To those who tried to use it, sorry about that. Everything should work now.

Regarding experience markers on the Tagawa Samurai, yes, you should do it with the Attack Enhancement. (If they are fighting a hero other than Morsbane, then it would be equivalent to just upping the natural attack number. But otherwise use the Attack Enhancement since that's how the program knows to cap the experience markers at 3. I will put this into the documentation soon.)

Thanks for any feedback.

SyvarrisX May 11th, 2006 10:56 PM

Thanks. This is pretty awesome.

Jason May 14th, 2006 12:19 AM

Krug vs Sudema

38.384% /61.616%

If my memory serves, this makes Sudema the 1st melee unit in the game to more often than not beat Krug 1 on 1

mathguy May 14th, 2006 12:54 AM

I have yet another update that mainly affects HiveSwarm. There are now radio buttons that allow you to limit the number of attackers on a single defender (it should be 6 versus single-hex figures and 8 versus double-hex figures). Enjoy.

I finally had time to do all these updates that I wanted to do for a while, now that final exams and graduation is all over.

Furthermore, if there is any intensive calculation that the web server cannot handle (such as 12 Drones versus Charos), feel free to ask me to run it for you on a more powerful computer. I've already done a few of these (such as 12, 15 Drones versus Charos) and uploaded them to the web server database.

Fallen Templar May 14th, 2006 04:34 AM

Math guy this is awesome