Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   C3G Legacy Library (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   The Book of Sentinel (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=27888)

IAmBatman December 4th, 2009 05:17 PM

Re: Sentinels C3G X-Men Master Set

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 967702)
The problem I have is that regular Sentinels are huge. I would rather proxy a large figure than use the small Sentinels.

The figures Griff linked to are huge too - just not as huge.

Balantai December 4th, 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 967704)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 967702)
The problem I have is that regular Sentinels are huge. I would rather proxy a large figure than use the small Sentinels.

The figures Griff linked to are huge too - just not as huge.

I see, now. Hmmmm. I'll have to think about this one.

Griffin December 4th, 2009 05:21 PM

They are about the height of the dragons.

GreyOwl December 4th, 2009 06:37 PM

I just don't see the point in using "fake" figures for Sentinels, so we can use the actual Sentinel figure for something else.

The reality is that they make Sentinel figures but they dont' have a Master Mold figure. If we should use a fake one for anything, it should be for Master Mold. What's our "official position" on making other figures where there isn't an actual mini available?

IAmBatman December 4th, 2009 06:45 PM

It hasn't come up before, so we don't have one yet. I'm guessing "find the best proxy" is probably what it'd be, though, and only do the unit if we like the proxy enough.

IAmBatman December 4th, 2009 06:46 PM

Honestly, a couple of my main things against using our current Sentinel figures at this point are:

1) they're darn expensive
2) I can't get them to stand up on double bases
and
3) figures this big and expensive really stink if they have only 1 life. If they're going to be 1 life cannon fodder, I'd rather have a less expensive figure.

GreyOwl December 4th, 2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 967823)
Honestly, a couple of my main things against using our current Sentinel figures at this point are:

1) they're darn expensive

I can't help you with that.

Quote:

2) I can't get them to stand up on double bases

I think we can figure this one out. Others have done it, too. I got the idea from someone else actually. It might have been Cav, but I can't remember, it's been a while. Did the larger size double-base not work for you?

Quote:

and
3) figures this big and expensive really stink if they have only 1 life. If they're going to be 1 life cannon fodder, I'd rather have a less expensive figure.

I think we can figure this one out too. A lot of good idea were thrown about earlier, so I'm confident we can come up with a good solution to keep them common, but without the "glass jaw" effect.

IAmBatman December 4th, 2009 06:55 PM

On the larger double base I got the Sentinel glued to it, but there's zero chance of him not falling over due to the sculpt itself being designed to lean so much.
I thought you'd actually rebased some of these and had it work for you?
I think achieving the non-glass jaw effect while keeping the Sentinels killable for common squads is going to be very, very difficult.

Balantai December 4th, 2009 06:57 PM

Isn't there talk of possible multiple life common heroes being released in the D&D thread. I remember reading this.

GreyOwl December 4th, 2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 967842)
On the larger double base I got the Sentinel glued to it, but there's zero chance of him not falling over due to the sculpt itself being designed to lean so much.
I thought you'd actually rebased some of these and had it work for you?

I did one, and it seemed to work. But it broke off the base before I used it much (not due to any problems with it, but due to kids throwing it around :roll:). I will try again though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmBatman (Post 967842)
I think achieving the non-glass jaw effect while keeping the Sentinels killable for common squads is going to be very, very difficult.

Do we have to achieve that goal? Thematically, there aren't many squads that can take down a Sentinel. It should take a whole bunch of heroes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balantai (Post 967849)
Isn't there talk of possible multiple life common heroes being released in the D&D thread. I remember reading this.

I don't think there's any official reason to think that will happen though.

Balantai December 4th, 2009 07:05 PM

I'm currently siding with GreyOwl. We have a miniature that fits thematically perfect with what we're trying to create. There's nothing wrong with somebody choosing to proxy those Sentinels with the miniatures that Griffin found, but I don't think the proxy should be official.

Spidey'tilIDie December 4th, 2009 07:30 PM

What about this guy as Master Mold?