Heroscapers

Heroscapers (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/index.php)
-   National Heroscape Day (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Madtown Throwdown! Madison, WI NHSD Tournament (https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=21158)

Queenmojo October 20th, 2008 05:22 PM

Re: Madtown Throwdown! Madison, WI NHSD Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 693056)
I saw it, but you took my flyer right off the bat. marcu is 20 points of PIA, especially when you use him as cannon fodder and don't even activate him. You had me worried there. Great game. :)

And that's why I took your flyer. Yeah it was a great game, I hope we get to play again some time.

Joah October 20th, 2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamawesome (Post 692549)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joah (Post 692482)
Thanks again Kobu. The event went really smooth, and I think everyone had a really good time. Next time I play against Vampires, you're not going to leave my side though.[joahshrug]

haha i still feel kind of bad about that game...

You should. I hope it keeps you up at night.;)

Seriously, I can't ever remember having a more difficult time with an opposing figure.
You were rolling like crazy, you should have jumped a plane to Vegas.:lol:

Yodaking October 20th, 2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queenmojo (Post 693049)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 693005)
all the 10 point guys are worth their points X's 4. Even marcu seemed to be a bigger pain my azz than expected. Eating up all my dedicated end round wounds. That sucked.

I picked marcu specifically for this. I was suprised that more people didn't see this and summon him away with the summoning glyph then use the wound glyph to pick off all my squaddies.

I actualy though of that after my game was over. I would have liked to have had a few rematches.

Lord Pyre October 20th, 2008 11:36 PM

Queenmojo really screwed up my strategy when he summoned my Raelin over to him. I couldn't fly over to the glyph on my side and summon Syvarris. That was a brilliant move that really hurt me!

I always forget about summoning enemy figures. I thought the glyph worked like Saylind; you can only summon friendly figures.

Nwojedi October 21st, 2008 03:54 AM

Hey joah. I think you need to change your title now. Nwojedi 1 Joah 0 :P

iamawesome October 21st, 2008 08:40 AM

[quote=EternalThanos86;692767]December is tough, but it might work. Sadly, no one in the Chicagoland area is putting effort into organizing recurring events so Madison has become my best bet for 'Scape.

This is unfortunately true, us chicagolanders have no where to really play, which is surprising to me

Jexik October 21st, 2008 09:13 AM

GaryLASQ has had recurring, low-key events in the past, but the fall is a bad time for him to do so with his kids' fall sports schedules.

Kobu October 21st, 2008 09:34 AM

Tentative Madison Schedule (now with descriptions!)

December -- Dear George R. R. Martin, Please Get Back to Work Tournament :noshield::noskull:

One ice and one fire themed map. A good chance to use some niche figures. The catch--one army list! (maybe)

February -- Madtown Doubles Tournament :hugs:

Using at least one "backwards map" (starting zones in the middle (trust me, I know what I'm doing)). Stock up on "affects friendly" powers and coordinate your army lists for max synergy.

April -- Madtown Spring Fling :woot:

Two words: Teleporter Madness. Two more words: Custom Glyphs. Much hilarity should ensue.

June -- Gen Con Map Tournament :fencing:

Using maps from last years event, or upcoming if announced by then. *yawn*

August -- no event, Gen Con :gencon:

October -- Madtown Throwdown II NHSD Event :cheer:

Dunno. Something crazy. Good possibility for an de-escalation event (army size decreases after each match).

Jexik October 21st, 2008 09:40 AM

That's a pretty nice looking list you've got there, Kobu. I'll try to make at least one of them. I just need to hop on I-90...

If there's one that you'd especially like to make bigger or get some out of staters coming to, I suggest adding them to Codeman's Upper Midwest Heroscape Tour.

Harlax October 21st, 2008 12:05 PM

Very nice list indeed. :thumbsup:

I'll be glad to help with maps as needed.

Nwojedi October 21st, 2008 02:15 PM

IAMAWESOME, how close to the WI boarder are you? I'm basically 5 min from richmond IL.

That is a pretty impressive tourney lineup. If it doesn't fall on any of my pinball tournaments/shows, I should be able to attend most. With the doubles one, is that going to be a partners/team tourney? If not, I think you should do one like that. Maybe make it $10 a team. Maybe capture the flag? Would be nice to do something like that.

Kobu October 21st, 2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nwojedi (Post 693724)
That is a pretty impressive tourney lineup. If it doesn't fall on any of my pinball tournaments/shows, I should be able to attend most. With the doubles one, is that going to be a partners/team tourney? If not, I think you should do one like that. Maybe make it $10 a team. Maybe capture the flag? Would be nice to do something like that.

It is indeed a team event. Capture the flag is a good idea for one of them. Either the doubles or the teleport one.